VOW Flagship: All In, Rumored WWE TV Deal, Super Juniors & more!

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Ckkj14

Re: VOW Flagship: All In, Rumored WWE TV Deal, Super Juniors & more!

Post by Ckkj14 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:22 am

Between the All in talk and then the WWE breakdown I think this might be the best show you guys ever did

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon May 21, 2018 12:44 am

Ckkj14 wrote:Between the All in talk and then the WWE breakdown I think this might be the best show you guys ever did
High praise! Thank you so much. :D

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon May 21, 2018 12:38 pm

There must be some sort of directive on the main roster to not have great matches. I don't know why...but the main roster not having any legit great matches in TWO YEARS and running is fucking crazy.

Considering 205 Live and NXT have multiple **** type matches per month and the main roster struggles to have one in a quarter, I have to assume there is some sort of directive to cap their matches for whatever reason.

With that said...the floor is generally high with the main roster...there aren't many one star or dud type matches, but the lack of really good or even great matches is alarming.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Ckkj14 wrote:Between the All in talk and then the WWE breakdown I think this might be the best show you guys ever did
High praise! Thank you so much. :D
Not really, I thought all the other shows were rubbish :D

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Mon May 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
Tim_dawg wrote:Interesting that Rich was impressed with Eli Everfly. When he showed up at PWG he got massive go away heat. People HATED him, and then he spit at a fan.

Mabey he has improved in the last couple months since then.
I saw him at Mania weekend and he was fine.

A lot of dudes have bombed at PWG over the last year or so. Yehi comes to mind as well. As you know, an easy crowd once you earn it, but the first impression is key. I'd imagine since PWG can make your career, there are some nerves involved that guys might not experience on a run-of-the-mill show.
Yeah I imagine the only reason Starr was brought back after the match they had (which tbf, was pretty decent besides the silent crowd) was because he has a sort of euro pedigree that PWG seems to value over Yehi's US indie background. The crowd basically dictates the style you have to work (which is why PWG is sort of just general meh nowadays from an in-ring perspective)

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed May 23, 2018 2:05 am

Requested topic for the next Flagship:

What will the Flagship Brothers do if this year's World Series ends up being Reds vs. White Sox?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed May 23, 2018 4:54 pm

supersonic wrote:Requested topic for the next Flagship:

What will the Flagship Brothers do if this year's World Series ends up being Reds vs. White Sox?
hahahahahahhaahahahahaha

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Thu May 24, 2018 2:52 am

NJPW would look bad if they didn't allow Okada to work All in. NJPW has been the sandbox where all the cool kids play for the last couple of years. Now that a couple of those kids are making their own sandbox, not letting their major players onto it would make them look like the establishment, like the WWE Empire, and this perception of them as being the hip, cool alternative would diminish greatly. That perception is still one of their most valuable assets at the moment, and the reason I wouldn't worry about their Cow Palace show or anything else yet. They have all the momentum. While All In may in the short term have slowed ticket sales to one of their stateside shows, in the long run it's the type of thing that can help them.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu May 24, 2018 8:41 pm

supersonic wrote:Requested topic for the next Flagship:

Wellington Castillo just got popped for PEDs so these dreams are now officially over.