(Patreon Exclusive) Lanza TV Reviews: MLW, ROH & 205 Live

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

(Patreon Exclusive) Lanza TV Reviews: MLW, ROH & 205 Live

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri May 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Listen as Joe Lanza breaks down the first two episodes of MLW on beIN Sports and this week's action from ROH TV and 205 Live, including the hottest takes on Austin Aries vs ACH, Shane Strickland vs Jimmy Havoc, the WOH tournament, and what lies ahead for Cedric Alexander on 205 Live.

Listen at https://www.patreon.com/posts/tv-reviews-mlw-18591926

suplexberry

Re: (Patreon Exclusive) Lanza TV Reviews: MLW, ROH & 205 Live

Post by suplexberry » Sat May 19, 2018 5:46 am

I finally got on the Patreon gimmick and even though realized my favorite podcast app, Player FM, doesn't like private feeds so I can't really listen on the go unless I dl the eps and upload them to my phone or to my cloud, I've been listening to these TV reviews while doing chores at home and really loving them, long Lanza pauses and all. Haven't really been able to marry any pro wrestling weekly show into my routine since I stopped consuming WWE on the regular but sounds like MLW may be worth my time, based on these reviews.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat May 19, 2018 10:43 pm

suplexberry wrote:I finally got on the Patreon gimmick and even though realized my favorite podcast app, Player FM, doesn't like private feeds so I can't really listen on the go unless I dl the eps and upload them to my phone or to my cloud, I've been listening to these TV reviews while doing chores at home and really loving them, long Lanza pauses and all. Haven't really been able to marry any pro wrestling weekly show into my routine since I stopped consuming WWE on the regular but sounds like MLW may be worth my time, based on these reviews.
If I had to rec one show of the five i'm covering, it would be MLW. 205 & NXT are great, but I can understand the WWE stink for some people.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:46 pm

The shows have been really good thus far. Not used to solo review shows, but it actually works well.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat May 19, 2018 10:52 pm

My biggest fear is repeating myself like a babbling idiot, because I think that's one thing we do a lot of on the Flagship

Sometimes I'm terrified because my notes are real thin and I'm afraid I won't have much to say about a match or segment or even entire show, but once I hit record, angles to attack things just come to me. It sure is easier when you have someone to bounce things off of or carry something you have no strong thoughts on.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:54 pm

I think you do better than you think and though your banter with Rich is great for the Flagship, in a review setting, I think solo thoughts are preferable.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon May 21, 2018 4:39 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:My biggest fear is repeating myself like a babbling idiot, because I think that's one thing we do a lot of on the Flagship

Sometimes I'm terrified because my notes are real thin and I'm afraid I won't have much to say about a match or segment or even entire show, but once I hit record, angles to attack things just come to me. It sure is easier when you have someone to bounce things off of or carry something you have no strong thoughts on.
"King of Banter" :roll:

MAN UP *slaps barricade* MAN UP

mattprentice

Post by mattprentice » Mon May 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Enjoying these so far.

Agree 100% on 205. It's been my favorite weekly show of 2018 by a decent margin.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:14 pm

White Lion was led by a man named Mike Tramp who, if not for Cinderella and the first album era Poison, would have won the award for the best hair of all the hair metal guys.

You could've gone with Great White or Faster Pussycat. The latter would probably been better given the lack of tragedies attached to them.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue May 22, 2018 10:27 pm

The above post totally denied Dee Snider his right as best hair from the 80s.

House of Pain by Faster Pussycat would have been the right mix for what Lanza was going for.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:57 pm

How dare you! Have you sat through the Twisted Sister documentary? Have you watched Dee Snider on a VH1 show called Matzah and Metal reveal he was not Jewish, but was invited on because people thought he was? For I surely did.

Snider was clearly going for super ugly, so I wouldn't insult him by complimenting his looks.

FP were fun in the Decline of Western Civilization with Rikki Rachtman pre WCW/Headbangers Ball