VOW Flagship: Daniel Bryan return, Sabre wins NJ Cup & more!

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
suplexberry

Re: VOW Flagship: Daniel Bryan return, Sabre wins NJ Cup & more!

Post by suplexberry » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:52 am

Nah, I get where Joe is coming from with this. Modern Manias are modern Manias - very expensive, usually not worth the price, very long shows. You can get a "big show feel" elsewhere and you'll probably enjoy it more from the comfort of your hotel room or home couch. If you're super-invested in the stories and the characters it might be worthwhile but going just to say you've gone, ehh.

Weirzbowski

Post by Weirzbowski » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:30 am

Everything about the Wrestlemania live experience sounds like a nightmare. From outrageously priced seats to bad sight lines to the disaster of the crowd logjam at WM Dallas where guests were passing out(the real heatgate!). MOMENTSTM
1st sub to the VOW patreon. @berkatron

DylanWaco

Post by DylanWaco » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:18 am

Dallas Mania sucked, but the indie atmosphere was excellent and will probably never be topped. I felt almost the exact opposite about last year in Orlando. No New Orleans for me this year, though I've thought about shooting down on Thur and Fri to catch the GCW shows. NY seems unlikely next year. If you are going to go to a big WWE show and you've never been I'd generally recommend the Rumble first unless it's a stacked Mania (I think this years is funny enough).

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:59 pm

I went to WrestleMania 13, does that count for my bucket list?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:24 pm

Mania next year will be likely my first and only live Mania. It's ridiculous that I've not been to one especially considering how many times it's been in NYC or right across the water.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:23 am

Mania being close to me next year just makes me excited to go to all the indie stuff.

I was pondering this "Juice top 20" notion and it seemed crazy at first but I think he's closer than I initially thought. Maybe in the 40's for me.