VOW Flagship: Elimination Chamber, Honor Rising, CHIKARA Name Game & Your Questions!

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

VOW Flagship: Elimination Chamber, Honor Rising, CHIKARA Name Game & Your Questions!

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:32 pm

This week on the Voices of Wrestling Flagship Podcast: previews of WWE Elimination Chamber 2018 and ROH/NJPW's Honor Rising shows, the first-ever CHIKARA Name Game, matches that have caught our attention and last but not least, we open the mailbag and answer listener questions!

Support our sponsor SeatGeek
Download the SeatGeek app and use promo code VOW to take $20 off your first order.

Support our sponsor Ora Organics
Try Ora Organic and get 15% off your first order using the code VOW at http://www.ora.organic

Support our sponsor Dollar Shave Club
Go for the gold. Join Dollar Shave Club today and for just $5, with free shipping at http://dollarshaveclub.com/voices

Find us on:

Apple Podcasts: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/voic ... 53459?mt=2
Google Play: http://play.google.com/music/listen#/ps ... pzbwrgqfoe
iHeart Radio: http://iheart.com/show/270-voices-of-wrestling
Stitcher: http://stitcher.com/podcast/voices-of-wrestling
TuneIn: http://tunein.com/radio/Voices-of-Wrestling-p677346/
Deezer: http://deezer.com/show/54369

MP3: https://audioboom.com/posts/6689898-vow ... stions.mp3

Ckkj14

Re: VOW Flagship: Elimination Chamber, Honor Rising, CHIKARA Name Game & Your Questions!

Post by Ckkj14 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:04 pm

Top show again lads. Shame you couldn't get to more questions. Think it was Joe that was saying the gauntlet match should have been for the last spot in the Chamber but Eliasn won that in the triple threat v Cena and Braun. Not to say they couldn't have held that back for this

Bloodbuzz Bunk

Re: VOW Flagship: Elimination Chamber, Honor Rising, CHIKARA Name Game & Your Questions!

Post by Bloodbuzz Bunk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:04 pm

Kayfabe reason for the gauntlet: Everbody is looking for momentum and to get the edge on some of the other guys in the match. Not strong but matches have been based on less.

Non kayfabe reason for the gauntlet: Does it need a reason? Showcased all the guys in the main event and for the first time in years nobody looked like a putz or a loser. It heated up Rollins which thank god because they really needed to heat someone else to fill a spot on a 8 hour Wrestlemania besides the same guys that get the same spots every year. If nothing else it makes me more interested in the most predictable EC ever.

Sorry if that came off hostile. I don't mean it that way.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Bloodbuzz Bunk wrote:Kayfabe reason for the gauntlet: Everbody is looking for momentum and to get the edge on some of the other guys in the match. Not strong but matches have been based on less.

Non kayfabe reason for the gauntlet: Does it need a reason? Showcased all the guys in the main event and for the first time in years nobody looked like a putz or a loser. It heated up Rollins which thank god because they really needed to heat someone else to fill a spot on a 8 hour Wrestlemania besides the same guys that get the same spots every year. If nothing else it makes me more interested in the most predictable EC ever.

Sorry if that came off hostile. I don't mean it that way.
Didn't come off hostile at all, bring the heat when you disagree, we want it.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Ckkj14 wrote:Top show again lads. Shame you couldn't get to more questions. Think it was Joe that was saying the gauntlet match should have been for the last spot in the Chamber but Eliasn won that in the triple threat v Cena and Braun. Not to say they couldn't have held that back for this
Missed the Elias bit, thanks. I'll take an L on that. Still would've been nice to have some stakes.

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:35 pm

Surprised you guys both picked WCPW to get into over FCP (which is a dream match factory) and WxW (which is consistently one of the best top to bottom promotions in the world).

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Time Stamp: 1:56:45

For that fella who used to archive the choicey bits of old episodes.

Also, why didn't they just make it so that order of elimination in the gauntlet would be the order of appearance in the Elimination Chamber?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:17 pm

armsofsleep wrote:Surprised you guys both picked WCPW to get into over FCP (which is a dream match factory) and WxW (which is consistently one of the best top to bottom promotions in the world).
But... and correct me if I'm wrong....didn't I specifically say wXw was the #1 European promotion I'd like to get into?

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:15 pm

My fake Chikara name: Dragon Sue Legwhip

The amount of fire on this show; WC burial followed by the name game is A+ podcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:52 am

Since I unfortunately I watch chikara I’ll explain some of the wrestlers,
Donnie Primetime is some wrestler from Alaska, emeritus midnight is some wrestler from Denmark, rich mahogany was chuck Taylor when he was trying out new names cause he lost his old one due to his fake retirement. Cameron action is also some dude and ace haven from Alabama. Haven, action, primetime rose together to be enchancement guys for chikara hour of power. Vastyl is also another guy from Denmark.they had a bunch of jobbers with dumb names like clothesline Curtis and Louis Ryan.
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

rollup

Post by rollup » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:04 am

too think it was Wrestlecircus which joe gave one of his maddest and best rants /imitations

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:08 am

rollup wrote:too think it was Wrestlecircus which joe gave one of his maddest and best rants /imitations
All 100% of it warranted too.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:43 am

This is how I found out Kotoka was reitring, which saddens me.

All of these women were brought up because of the women's Rumble, imo.

All the rumors I hear are of Asuka vs Charlotte and Nia vs Bliss. So Nia/Asuka could go to a double countout or Asuka could even just win. Not really worried about it from that perspective. Hoping we get a Bayley/Sasha singles match too, but not holding my breath. If anything I could see Nia/Bliss becoming a fourway with Sasha and Bayley.

Hilarious rant on Wrestlecircus. Chikara name game was endlessly joyful. Would watch a battle royal with all of those guys on a Joey Janela spring break type show.

elloziom

Post by elloziom » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:00 pm

It's funny that you actually laughed at Dan Moloney and didn't believe that he was real given that he even apppeared in the WWE UK tournament as one of those guys that nobody knew. Aside from that, fun as always.