VOW Flagship (2/22): Call for Questions!

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

VOW Flagship (2/22): Call for Questions!

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:27 pm

We're opening up the mailbag tonight — ask us anything (wrestling or non-wrestling)!

We can't guarantee we'll get to every question but it's a light week for topics so there's a good chance we do get to it.

cbacon87

Re: VOW Flagship (2/22): Call for Questions!

Post by cbacon87 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:39 pm

What alliance are you most surprised is still intact- WWE and PROGRESS or NJPW and ROH?

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:44 pm

Do you guys ever envision a time when you're making enough money via Patreon/Advertisers/etc. that you could quit your shoot jobs and do this gimmick full time? Would you even want to do that even if it did become a realistic opportunity? I know for me personally the thought of turning a hobby into full time work makes me think I'd end up not enjoying it as much anymore, how do you guys feel in that respect? Thanks the answers and keep up the excellent content!

Headlock

Post by Headlock » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:46 pm

Have you guys watched Mochizuki/Kzy? War did you think qbout it?
Last edited by Headlock on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me leon

skeach101

Post by skeach101 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:50 pm

Question for Joe: I know Joe likes to wait before deciding which WM weekend shows he will go to, but does Joe have any shows currently "circled in pencil" and planning to attend?

Question for both of you: I'm a married guy who has a wife that does not enjoy wrestling at all. For me this is fine since it allows for some "me time" when I attend wrestling shows with friends. I've had people look at me weird when I tell them I'm traveling to Wrestlemania alone and not bringing my wife. To me, I know she would hate it, and frankly, I wouldn't enjoy myself nearly as much if she was there simply because I know she is bored. I'm just curious how you two approach it. Is Joe planning on bringing TLB to NOLA?
Last edited by skeach101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dylanjstx

Post by dylanjstx » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:53 pm

Do you think Takashi Yoshida fucks? If so how much would you say he fucks per quarter on average?

IIDXias

Post by IIDXias » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Give me one wrestler (well, one from each of you) who:
-Is currently on the WWE main roster and would work better in New Japan
-Is currently in New Japan and would work better on the WWE main roster

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Who would you say gave you the most go away heat? What guy booked on a show would make you likely to not buy a ticket or turn the channel most?

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:13 pm

What 2 teams make the World Series?
What 3 matches announced so far do you think will steal Mania weekend? My top 3 - AJ V Nak, Walter v Darby Allin, ZSJ V Matt Riddle

Edu_Tessis

Post by Edu_Tessis » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:22 pm

What are y'all's predictions for the Strong Style Evolved card, specifically what the main event of the card will be? Seems like Naito vs Jericho would be done on that show, but since nothing has happened between them since NYD, it looks like they might be postponing it? Also do you think there will be an IWGP Heavyweight title match on that show?

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:29 pm

1) Is it my imagination, or has Progress Wrestling's production style seemed more "WWE" since, around, say, Ally Pally (Chapter 55 i think). The Walter/Thatcher match, for example, was significantly impacted by excessive zooms, particularly early. Ally Pally was pretty bad itself - i don't think they tested enough at the venue, or they should just stick with a hardcam.

Does this affect your enjoyment of matches and how you rate them?

2) What are you thoughts on the "Golden Lovers" documentary?

Matt and Nick have said NJPW previously prohibited them from using any wrestling footage, but that doc actually referred to Being The Elite directly. Have you heard anything about Matt/Nick getting more . . . input on creative and how storylines like "Bullet Club is/isn't fine"?

3) Purocast Damon/Colin hate Jay White. Flagship Joe/Rich love Jay White. Will we see a throwdown at Wrestlemania Weekend?

4) Johnny Gargano - where to next? How would you book it?

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:40 pm

What do you think of Jay White being booked as an evil genius with ambitions to break up both CHAOS and the Bullet Club?

Do you think he is in his position at the minute thanks to hot shot booking after the failure at Wrestle Kingdom and the company winging it? Or do you think this was the master plan all along and Gedo has this booked out exactly for months?

With Gedo deified as a booker and with so many other storylines almost depending on Jay White to progress, both directly and indirectly, I can see the argument for it all being plotted out despite how implausible and intricate it seems for a pro wrestling angle.

Would love to hear it discussed.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:50 pm

Since Rich is a Chicago guy, any thoughts on the current Freelance product? Have you attended any shows/watched them on Powerbomb.tv?

Oli Court
VOW Staff Member

Post by Oli Court » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Of the European promotions that you guys have been able to keep up with recently, which overall product are you enjoying the most?

And of the promotions that you haven't been able to watch much/any of, which would you most like to get into?

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:04 pm

What are your thoughts on PWG's newest card, Time is a Flat Circle?