VOW Flagship (December 6): Call for questions

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

VOW Flagship (December 6): Call for questions

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:17 pm

We're a little light on topics this week so the mailbag has been opened. Reply to this thread with questions for Joe and I. These can be wrestling-related, non-wrestling related, calls for advice, etc., etc.

(Note: we can't guarantee we'll answer each and every question. If we don't answer yours, it's nothing personal it was probably just a bad question... or we ran out of time.)

Ckkj14

Re: VOW Flagship (December 6): Call for questions

Post by Ckkj14 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:23 pm

The Voices of Wrestlings number one fan is coming to Mania from the Isle of Man. Will either of you 2 be there to talk about how the Blue Jays are going to win the World Series with me? Also what matches have you given ***** to this year? Cheers

avengers23

Post by avengers23 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:24 pm

In a business full of carny ass folks, who is the biggest carny in wrestling in 2017? Donald Trump doesn't count.

If we say that New Japan is #1 in Japan, followed by Dragon Gate, where do the other companies rank in 2017? I have DDT, All Japan, Wrestle-1, and NOAH the Still Living, in that order.

Joe Gagne
VOW Staff Member

Post by Joe Gagne » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Best and worst match you ever witnessed live?

Planet

Post by Planet » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:31 pm

What do you make of outsiders slowly coming back to NOAH(both Tanakas, Miyomoto even Sekimoto and Okabayashi for some events) Is it too generous to think it gestures to progress in recovery?

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:33 pm

Daisuke has retired and GUTS World is closing, got any favourite matches? Have you watch the Global League 2017 Final? Fucking awesome match! Have you watched HEAT UP's big show in Kawasaki?
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:35 pm

Statoke wrote:Daisuke has retired and GUTS World is closing, got any favourite matches? Have you watch the Global League 2017 Final? Fucking awesome match! Have you watched HEAT UP's big show in Kawasaki?
This is a separate topic that we will 100% get to.

The Global League part.

Not the HEAT UP or GUTS part.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:36 pm

Looking foward to 2018 who are some indy wrestlers on the verge of breaking out(and by breaking out I mean going from lesser known independent wrestlers to top teir ones, like what Keith Lee and Joey Janela were able to do this year)?

Who do you think that could be from the US? How about Europe? And since PWG is using Jonah Rock and Adam Brooks and since you guys have started following that scene this year I'll ask about them too.

SuitWilliams

Post by SuitWilliams » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:37 pm

Who do you guys have making the Conference Finals, and who do you have winning the Super Bowl?

Advice for a struggling college student?
Last edited by SuitWilliams on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------
These are things I do.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/SuitWilliams

PWPonderings reviews: http://www.pwponderings.com/author/suit-williams/

Voices of Wrestling reviews: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/author ... lwilliams/

Stitchell

Post by Stitchell » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:41 pm

What are your thoughts on the future prospects of some of the top guys in 'second rung' Japanese promotions? What I mean is what are the chances of seeing guys like Miyahara and Ashino ending up at New Japan? It seems like they'll eventually outgrow where they are at the moment. Miyahara is coming to the UK next year. Will these guys have to travel to find a bigger stage?

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:51 pm

Do you guys have any plans down the line for a trip to Japan to watch some puro live?

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:02 pm

Who do you both think had a breakout year in 2017? Also who is your best guess for a huge breakout in 2018?

stienerontheforklift

Post by stienerontheforklift » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Do you guys think Kenou will beat Edwards and what are the chances he is able to turn things around for NOAH? Also as a fellow small dog owner what are the best Christmas presents for a small dog?

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Say MLB does expand to 32 teams, and the Rays move out of Tampa, what three cities do you put these teams in? What names are you giving them?

Headlock

Post by Headlock » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:06 pm

I know it's not really about match quality with the NWA, but do you guys think the lack of fantastic or even good matches will hurt their hype?
Call me leon