VOW Flagship: Power Struggle, Bound for Glory, NWA/Tim Storm & more!

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
mlev76

Re: VOW Flagship: Power Struggle, Bound for Glory, NWA/Tim Storm & more!

Post by mlev76 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:40 pm

My freshman year roommate was an atmospheric science major (iow weather dork) from Staten Island who woke me at around 5am every morning listening to his tranistor weather radio. I have hated the field (and Staten Island) ever since.

Very interesting listening to this show half before Sunday (pre Power Struggle) and half after and marveling at the way they kept some of the Dome matches a secret. Looks like an intriguing card if not the most ideal from a match quality perspective.

Oh, by the way, we get that you don't like Roman Reigns. Truly and completely. You've beaten that dead horse, covered the body with lye, tossed it in a box, dumped it in the river and watched it decompose into nothingness. You're reaching Alvarez level repetitiveness on that one.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Lawsoncomedy wrote:Conversely why the shade on Johnny Impact, Rich? As someone who saw LU to the end I gotta say, dude's a very good wrestler. Though a less impressive overall athlete compared to modern day fliers he still does cool stuff that no one else does. I'll always defend him though, dumb names and all, since he's the one who got me back into wrestling in 2011 after I quit in 2009.
Seen him live quite a few times in the last two years (mostly at AAW) and he's always far and away the worst worker on the entire show. His working in a company that heavily edits matches is probably his biggest benefit.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:11 pm

His work-shoot promos are even more detrimental to having me buy a ticket.

IIDXias

Post by IIDXias » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:29 pm

mlev76 wrote:Oh, by the way, we get that you don't like Roman Reigns. Truly and completely. You've beaten that dead horse, covered the body with lye, tossed it in a box, dumped it in the river and watched it decompose into nothingness. You're reaching Alvarez level repetitiveness on that one.
he's WWE's most pushed dude and has been for years now, what the fuck are they supposed to do, not talk about him? seems pretty impossible to avoid bringing him up if you're gonna cover the fed

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:09 am

IIDXias wrote:
mlev76 wrote:Oh, by the way, we get that you don't like Roman Reigns. Truly and completely. You've beaten that dead horse, covered the body with lye, tossed it in a box, dumped it in the river and watched it decompose into nothingness. You're reaching Alvarez level repetitiveness on that one.
he's WWE's most pushed dude and has been for years now, what the fuck are they supposed to do, not talk about him? seems pretty impossible to avoid bringing him up if you're gonna cover the fed
Contextually no reason to discuss him this week. And it's boring. Yeah, we get it, they don't like Roman. Got it for the better part of the last two years of listening to them discuss the same thing over and over.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:29 pm

“We get that you hate TNA, Bryan & Vinny. It doesn’t matter that the same mistakes keep being made, you assholes need to come up with new criticisms!”

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:28 pm

The rich, fertile ground of TNA has provided countless material. Hell, even finding new ways to criticize WWE as a whole can be amusing. The Roman specific obsession especially at a time when he's been off tv for several weeks and the discussion was about Tim Storm denigrates the subject they were talking about. It's not so much that criticizing or attacking WWE is out of bounds, it's that it denigrates the actual subject they were discussing. I mean, at least wasn't a tourette's like spasm of WWE vitriol like some other podcasts. Just boring as fuck.

IIDXias

Post by IIDXias » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:03 pm

mlev76 wrote:I mean, at least wasn't a tourette's like spasm of WWE vitriol like some other podcasts.
1) i really, really hope this was a shot at me. i hope you sat listening to some random episode of my podcast (thanks, by the way!), sweating profusely in rage at my WWE hate. the very idea makes me extremely happy

2) defending the nazi fed by using a disability as an insult is just perfect. i want to kiss the air like an italian chef

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:13 pm

IIDXias wrote:
mlev76 wrote:I mean, at least wasn't a tourette's like spasm of WWE vitriol like some other podcasts.
1) i really, really hope this was a shot at me. i hope you sat listening to some random episode of my podcast (thanks, by the way!), sweating profusely in rage at my WWE hate. the very idea makes me extremely happy

2) defending the nazi fed by using a disability as an insult is just perfect. i want to kiss the air like an italian chef
Actually, i do listen to your podcast and it's pretty good generally. The idea that I sit there and sweat in anger about your comments is amusing given your inability to have a conversation without blocking someone who disagrees with you.

As for "defending a Nazi fed", yup, that's me, the Jewish guy from New York defending the murderers of millions.

IIDXias

Post by IIDXias » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:17 pm

mlev76 wrote:
IIDXias wrote:

Actually, i do listen to your podcast and it's pretty good generally. The idea that I sit there and sweat in anger about your comments is amusing given your inability to have a conversation without blocking someone who disagrees with you.
i don't have anything against you buddy, i blocked you just so i wouldn't see your tweets @ the VOW account and feel compelled to reply. honestly, it saves us both the hassle of spending seven hours debating something we're never going to agree on. the "thanks for listening" part was sincere though!

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:21 pm

IIDXias wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
IIDXias wrote:

i don't have anything against you buddy, i blocked you just so i wouldn't see your tweets @ the VOW account and feel compelled to reply. honestly, it saves us both the hassle of spending seven hours debating something we're never going to agree on. the "thanks for listening" part was sincere though!
Hey, i understand the lack of self control at responding (as evidenced by this back and forth). Keep up the good work with the podcast. Despite the assumption that I am a Nazi WWE apologist, I do enjoy it!

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:35 am

I hope no one planet earth besides Garrett Kidney (because really, he has to, its Garrett) had a positive thing about that Bound for Glory ppv. I didn't watch a single episode lead in...and I am glad I didn't. That show was horrendous. Zero redeeming qualities.

I guess Del Rio's coke fueled bizarro rant/promo had mild entertainment value, but whatever...trash event.