VOW Flagship: Asuka debut, WWE TLC, AJPW & more!

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Re: VOW Flagship: Asuka debut, WWE TLC, AJPW & more!

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:52 pm

thecubsfan wrote:An ad dropping in, then Lanza saying this was an ad free edition of the show about 20 seconds later, was entertaining comedy.
I'd love to take credit for that but those are somewhat automated midroll ads. I can kinda target when they go in but they tend to pick a random-ish spot. Worked out well this time! :lol:

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:26 am

A Goto led stable would be awesome, he doesn't have a lot going for him now, but he's done so much in New Japan, he'd be a credible leader.

JML

Post by JML » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:39 am

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
thecubsfan wrote:An ad dropping in, then Lanza saying this was an ad free edition of the show about 20 seconds later, was entertaining comedy.
I'd love to take credit for that but those are somewhat automated midroll ads. I can kinda target when they go in but they tend to pick a random-ish spot. Worked out well this time! :lol:
It was hilarious cause when he said it, all I heard out of nowhere "NAPA NO HOW!"

JML

VOW Flagship: Asuka debut, WWE TLC, AJPW & more!

Post by JML » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:46 am

Given the Emma release, y'all were absolutely correct with the Asuka assessment. I thought the criticism on Twitter by multiple people was overblown but looking the match times of Asuka in early NXT run warrants the argument.

I agree that if you take booking logic out of it, Asuka/Emma at TLC was very good and I differ with both of guys in terms of the Raw not being good. It didn't get the crowd reaction you wanted but the match was actually really good and one of the better regular TV women's matches of the year. Maybe it was good cause I didn't see it live on Monday but I thought it was a good TV match. Booking aside, I think she could be one of the better week to week wrestlers on the roster as she just smokes every woman on Raw in ring.
Last edited by JML on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:53 am

JML wrote:Given the Emma release, y'all were absolutely correct with the Asuka assessment. I thought the criticism on Twitter by multiple people was overblown but looking the match times of Asuka in early NXT run warrants the argument.

I agree that if you take booking logic out of it, Asuka/Emma at TLC was very good and I differ with both of guys in terms of the Raw not being good. It didn't get the crowd reaction you wanted but the match was actually really good and one of the better regular TV women's matches of the year. Maybe it was good cause I didn't see it live on Monday but I thought it was a good TV match. Booking aside, I think could be one of the better week to week wrestlers on the roster as she just smokes every woman on Raw in ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean it didn't get the crowd reaction mainly because Green Bay is one of those towns that has a rep for being pretty shitty in terms of reaction.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:14 pm

achillesforever6 wrote:
JML wrote:Given the Emma release, y'all were absolutely correct with the Asuka assessment. I thought the criticism on Twitter by multiple people was overblown but looking the match times of Asuka in early NXT run warrants the argument.

I agree that if you take booking logic out of it, Asuka/Emma at TLC was very good and I differ with both of guys in terms of the Raw not being good. It didn't get the crowd reaction you wanted but the match was actually really good and one of the better regular TV women's matches of the year. Maybe it was good cause I didn't see it live on Monday but I thought it was a good TV match. Booking aside, I think could be one of the better week to week wrestlers on the roster as she just smokes every woman on Raw in ring.

I mean it didn't get the crowd reaction mainly because Green Bay is one of those towns that has a rep for being pretty shitty in terms of reaction.
My counter to that is that they reacted VERY well to the Alexa/Mickie segment that followed, and that segment is a decent comp being that it was a women's segment with talent that is over. I don't expect the roof to blow off for a new talent, but it does tell me Asuka didn't get over at all the night before.

JML: My problem with the RAW match was Emma. It will probably come off as nit picky, but she was sloppy, the most glaring example was taking a floor bump before Asuka made contact with her, and that stuff drives me crazy. Lack of crowd heat hurt it, too.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:01 pm

Balor losing to Kane upset me more than them botching Asuka's debut. The Asuka thing is dumb, but it's what they do, I'll get upset when she loses. Balor was finally getting momentum after a terrible feud and they killed it dead. There's no reason Balor shouldn't still be undefeated, to this day. This dude could be money, and they treated him like nothing. I can't believe how many people were defending both of those booking decisions, absolutely mind boggling.

Agree about RP 3K. They're awesome, and Sho is the breakout so far, but I believe in Yo. They're young kids with a cool look and cool moves, what's not to like? They're my second favorite thing in wrestling after Joe Doering being champion.
Last edited by Lawsoncomedy on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:02 pm

BackLash wrote:A Goto led stable would be awesome, he doesn't have a lot going for him now, but he's done so much in New Japan, he'd be a credible leader.

This idea got me excited and now I'm upset it won't happen.

JML

Post by JML » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:20 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
achillesforever6 wrote:

My counter to that is that they reacted VERY well to the Alexa/Mickie segment that followed, and that segment is a decent comp being that it was a women's segment with talent that is over. I don't expect the roof to blow off for a new talent, but it does tell me Asuka didn't get over at all the night before.

JML: My problem with the RAW match was Emma. It will probably come off as nit picky, but she was sloppy, the most glaring example was taking a floor bump before Asuka made contact with her, and that stuff drives me crazy. Lack of crowd heat hurt it, too.
Yeah it's a little too nit picky for my tastes as I let a lot of thing go in ring with WWE specifically because of how they want their wrestlers to work.