Music of the Mat Episode 19: The Jimmyz

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
strikamura

Music of the Mat Episode 19: The Jimmyz

Post by strikamura » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:19 pm

On this episode of Music of the Mat, Chris, Andrew, and special guest co-host Milo Martinez (Open the Voice Gate) bid a heartfelt adieu to the Dragon Gate unit The Jimmyz. They play their unit and individual themes, as well as discuss what made The Jimmyz so beloved as a group. It's an episode of laughs, love, life, and rubber band attacks.

YouTube Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... oJiw_H3Ums

VelkejBracha

Re: Music of the Mat Episode 19: The Jimmyz

Post by VelkejBracha » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Thank you for this. Even if I don't watch DragonGate (not enough time in my life), I just love both your DG episodes, cause they gave me so much new music. And yes, I love Kizuna, that song is the best. I am listening to it right now for the tenth time... I listened to the episode just few hours ago.

Starshine

Re: Music of the Mat Episode 19: The Jimmyz

Post by Starshine » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:48 am

I think the Jimmyz might be in the running for one unit having the most variations of their theme song. I count at least 7 including the Sumoz and H.A.Gee.Mee!! versions. I think the one played on the episode is the third version. The first has less drums, and softer vocals on the "we are Jimmyz" refrain. The second one is the same as the third, but has a 1 and a half minute interlude where the Jimmyz do a roll call. The fourth version was used this year and has even more drums. There was also the Wassyoi! version which they used once when teaming with Jimmy Masaaki. That one has them chanting "wassyoi wassyoi" instead of the 'We are Jimmyz" refrain, and a stinger in which I believe they're shilling a DVD.
Your signature here.