Music of the Mat Episode 12: Hulk Rules

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
strikamura

Music of the Mat Episode 12: Hulk Rules

Post by strikamura » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Check out the pump, brother! Chris and Andrew say their prayers, eat their vitamins, and hold their noses as they discuss the album Hulk Rules by Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band. Hulk, Jimmy, and the rest of the band rap, rock, and new jack swing their way into our hearts with this 1995 album, one of many attempts to capitalize on the Hulk Hogan brand. Chris and Andrew delve through all ten tracks of orange aural egomania for your listening pleasure.

AudioBoom:

YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... fwODWuix_1

suplexberry

Re: Music of the Mat Episode 12: Hulk Rules

Post by suplexberry » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:29 am

Okay I swear to god that one synth tune was used again in the best worst Bollywood film of the 1990s, Ishq - or is it just a coincidence? Found it on youtube:

Only like..worse somehow?

Great ep, you could hear how you guys had fun with this one.

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:33 pm

suplexberry wrote:Okay I swear to god that one synth tune was used again in the best worst Bollywood film of the 1990s, Ishq - or is it just a coincidence? Found it on youtube:

Only like..worse somehow?

Great ep, you could hear how you guys had fun with this one.
Incredible! Could very well be a coincidence, but either way, I love hearing stuff like this.

Also, pretty sure that snare is sampled from a Michael Jackson song.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Ah, figures. The composer of the Ishq soundtrack, Anu Malik, is one of the worst offenders of copycat "composing" in Bollywood. Not that there aren't others, too, but this guy was pretty infamous for it. I always had a soft spot for the undeniable cheese of this particular soundtrack.