VOW Flagship: 2017 WrestleMania Weekend Preview

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
mlev76

Re: VOW Flagship: 2017 WrestleMania Weekend Preview

Post by mlev76 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:37 pm

The Jason Kincaid look is of the guy you buy edibles from in a Phish/Grateful Dead parking lot before the show who has a dog and a case of some random microbrew who goes to every show, camps out every night even when there is no clear camping spot within 50 miles of the show and washes himself in whatever public bathroom he can find between tour stops.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:11 pm

I was going to go with Buddhist Juggalo, but ya...that works, too.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:36 pm

Finishing up the second half and let me start by saying that this was an amazingly thorough review of all the shows (well, not all of them, but at least all the ones people have a hope of eventually seeing).

With that said, and this is in no way an attack on Rich or Garrett (or suggesting they are not entitled to their opinions), each other section seemed to have someone who had a positive view of the show(s) they were reviewing. I'm always of a mindset that there is room for a diversity of views, good or bad, but the view that Mania will actually be good and not the snarky tropes being employed by one segment of wrestling fandom would be a good way to round the whole show out. I also think recording that piece after the last week of shows, which did a very good job building matches, would have also helped.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Listening to this seems a like monumental undertaking, so I warmed up to this by listening to the most recent episodes of :
- 6:05 Superpodcast
- PTBN Main Event
- Squared Circle Gazette Radio

I suspect I'm ready to tackle this podcast now.

EDIT: Rich with the improper grammar with "..Joe's not going as well" less than ten minutes in made me think "this is gonna a LONG show".
EDIT 2: So you prefer singles matches, I prefer tag matches but can live with multi-mans over singles...guess we couldn't be friends, that sucks.
EDIT 3: I live in Greater Boston and can confirm that I am NOT the guy hating on Kelly.
EDIT 4: "So for those that don't know you [to Joe Gagne]..."if you're listening to this show and DON'T know who Gagne is at this point, you probably should be thrown into the nearest creek.
Last edited by BlizzardAcolyte on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Speedy Bellerin

Post by Speedy Bellerin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:55 pm

Jason Kincaid looks like he brews his own whiskey and has a lot of blue grass music on wax cylinders.

Great show guys. Got me amped for the weekend.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:51 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:I will say this...this is a potentially awesome weekend with fun matchups...my one gripe though...nothing is talking me into the door outside "its Mania weekend!" and "this looks like a lot of fun!!"...maybe its the contrarian in me but Mania being flaccid, and NXT with another weak card has hampered the entire weekend's outlook, to me.

I'm not fully invested with whats going on in Evolve right now (good shows planned, but still)...ROH has my attention, but its an HOUR away while other shows are on...the rest of the shows are a fun use of talent, but, no STAKES really has me hesitant.

Some of the big highlights of the weekend are the Janela Event, Pancakes during Wrestling, and a CZW show...

Do I drive 3h30m north or nah? idk...
Did you end up going to anything, brother?

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:32 pm

Nope. Stayed home. Saw more through streaming then I would have seen live. Pretty happy with my decision.

The lack of a path to greatness would have led me to a major flop...the ROH show being 1h away, overlapping with NXT...the oversaturation of shows...IRL stuff led to me just skipping the travel.