VOW Flagship: 2017 WrestleMania Weekend Preview

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

VOW Flagship: 2017 WrestleMania Weekend Preview

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Voices of Wrestling’s annual WrestleMania weekend preview is here! Rich Kraetsch goes over the entire weekend across the wrestling world listing each and every (and we mean, every) event from the weekend, where you can watch each event as well as card and match information.

In the second half of the preview, Rich is joined by members of the VoicesofWrestling.com staff to preview additional events and give in-depth previews and predictions for the weekend’s most major events including EVOLVE, PROGRESS, Rev Pro, NXT TakeOver: Orlando, Joey Janela’s Spring Break, Ring of Honor, WWE WrestleMania 33 and much more!

SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

Blue Apron: Get your first meals free with free shipping at http://www.blueapron.com/vow
Dollar Shave Club: Get one month of DSC for only $1 with free shipping at http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/voices

Part 1:

phpBB [audio]

Part 2:

phpBB [audio]

VOW: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/0 ... d-preview/

Joe Gagne
VOW Staff Member

Re: VOW Flagship: 2017 WrestleMania Weekend Preview

Post by Joe Gagne » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Good Lord, that's...that's Timestamp's music!

Part 1
0:00:00 - Rich runs down the weekend
0:48:12 - Evolve with Aaron Bentley
1:09:44 - Joey Janella's Spring Break/Kaiju Big Battel/Pro Wrestling Revolver/CZW/Wrestling Circus vs Pro Wrestling Revolver with Kelly Harras
1:51:57 - PROGRESS/AXXESS with Oli Court
2:17:04 - Rev Pro/What Culture Pro Wrestling with Robin Reid

(part 2 coming later)

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:52 pm

MAH GAWD!

somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:55 pm

floslam should cut rich a check.

listening to this show got me to sign up. hyped~!

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:41 pm

Finished the first part and it was a great listen. Not that I needed additional motivation to be excited for the week (not weekend) ahead, but some great analysis and the schedule read off was fun too.

Now, all I need are some pancakes, an autograph from the Hulkster and a ride to the Team Vision Dojo for the Glacier seminar in the Kliq limo.

somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:07 pm

mlev76 wrote:Finished the first part and it was a great listen. Not that I needed additional motivation to be excited for the week (not weekend) ahead, but some great analysis and the schedule read off was fun too.

Now, all I need are some pancakes, an autograph from the Hulkster and a ride to the Team Vision Dojo for the Glacier seminar in the Kliq limo.
not enough wale or nash in your weekend brother.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:07 pm

mlev76 wrote:Finished the first part and it was a great listen. Not that I needed additional motivation to be excited for the week (not weekend) ahead, but some great analysis and the schedule read off was fun too.

And miss the QT Marshall Seminar?!?!

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:14 pm

The Hulkster set up those signings purely for Rich to do that running gag. What a generous man.

I think it really helped to do these segments on different days because it seemed like your energy level was never too down, which made it all flow together nicely. Obviously loved the BritWres bits but the Path of Weird with Kelly Harass was also pretty great. Especially because Glacier never returned those tapes.

"I'm gonna watch AR Fox nearly kill himself while eating pancakes." I laughed out loud. This was a really tremendous show, and I want the gimmick to become an annual thing. If I was to make a constructive suggestion, I don't think running down the schedule in its entirety is necessary - especially as WM weekend becomes WM week and pretty soon WM fortnight. Just tell folks to go see the schedule on the website and jump into the more detailed previews.

Wait, so does the schedule work out so that you're not have gonna have Lanza on for the Sakura Genesis preview?

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:07 pm

I will say this...this is a potentially awesome weekend with fun matchups...my one gripe though...nothing is talking me into the door outside "its Mania weekend!" and "this looks like a lot of fun!!"...maybe its the contrarian in me but Mania being flaccid, and NXT with another weak card has hampered the entire weekend's outlook, to me.

I'm not fully invested with whats going on in Evolve right now (good shows planned, but still)...ROH has my attention, but its an HOUR away while other shows are on...the rest of the shows are a fun use of talent, but, no STAKES really has me hesitant.

Some of the big highlights of the weekend are the Janela Event, Pancakes during Wrestling, and a CZW show...

Do I drive 3h30m north or nah? idk...

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:28 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:I will say this...this is a potentially awesome weekend with fun matchups...my one gripe though...nothing is talking me into the door outside "its Mania weekend!" and "this looks like a lot of fun!!"...maybe its the contrarian in me but Mania being flaccid, and NXT with another weak card has hampered the entire weekend's outlook, to me.

I'm not fully invested with whats going on in Evolve right now (good shows planned, but still)...ROH has my attention, but its an HOUR away while other shows are on...the rest of the shows are a fun use of talent, but, no STAKES really has me hesitant.

Some of the big highlights of the weekend are the Janela Event, Pancakes during Wrestling, and a CZW show...

It seems like there are "This Mania card sucks" and "This Mania card looks awesome" people and not many in between. I'm firmly on the latter team, but I can accept if you are on the former.

If you're looking for motivation beyond "this look like a lot fun," take it from someone who is unable to go due to personal and professional responsibilities-that should be enough. Because at some point, you'll have to add "But I can't because kids/job/money issues" to that sentence and the choice will be made for ya.

Joe Gagne
VOW Staff Member

Post by Joe Gagne » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Timestamps that run the camp

Part 2
0:00:00 - Intro
0:03:05 - Wrestlecon Supershow with Andy LaBar
0:18:08 - ROH Supercard of Honor with Sean Sedor
0:46:34 - NXT Takeover with Alex Wedland
1:06:56 - WWN Mercury Rising with Michael Spears
1:28:52 - Beyond Wrestling with Handsome Joe Gagne
1:50:43 - WrestleMania with Garrett Kidney

somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:29 pm

on part 2 now, our nascar correspondent does not sound how i expected the nascar correspondent to sound. take that how you will.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:46 am

mlev76 wrote:
BoxingRobes wrote:I will say this...this is a potentially awesome weekend with fun matchups...my one gripe though...nothing is talking me into the door outside "its Mania weekend!" and "this looks like a lot of fun!!"...maybe its the contrarian in me but Mania being flaccid, and NXT with another weak card has hampered the entire weekend's outlook, to me.

It seems like there are "This Mania card sucks" and "This Mania card looks awesome" people and not many in between. I'm firmly on the latter team, but I can accept if you are on the former.

If you're looking for motivation beyond "this look like a lot fun," take it from someone who is unable to go due to personal and professional responsibilities-that should be enough. Because at some point, you'll have to add "But I can't because kids/job/money issues" to that sentence and the choice will be made for ya.
I've been to three Mania Weekends, personally...

I handwave live, WWE wrestling. I've sat in good seats every time...still isn't better than watching it on TV. You just don't get what they are trying to really do from a seat at an event like Mania. Watching live versus on TV couldn't be more different in TVs favor.

I'm just saying...the lack of Juice for the Mania and NXT cards are oddly hindering my interest...the Mania Weekend events are a lot of fun, sure, but beyond being mildly overwhelmed, there just isn't anything that is begging me for my money.

I'm not sure if I am conveying myself correctly...it just seems like a giant showcase, which is cool just not sure if its "go out of my way" cool. idk.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:03 am

BoxingRobes wrote:
mlev76 wrote:

I've been to three Mania Weekends, personally...

I handwave live, WWE wrestling. I've sat in good seats every time...still isn't better than watching it on TV. You just don't get what they are trying to really do from a seat at an event like Mania. Watching live versus on TV couldn't be more different in TVs favor.

I'm just saying...the lack of Juice for the Mania and NXT cards are oddly hindering my interest...the Mania Weekend events are a lot of fun, sure, but beyond being mildly overwhelmed, there just isn't anything that is begging me for my money.

I'm not sure if I am conveying myself correctly...it just seems like a giant showcase, which is cool just not sure if its "go out of my way" cool. idk.
Got it. Makes sense

JB Gremlin

Post by JB Gremlin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:34 pm

Really enjoyed the show and it is certainly a useful companion piece to a no doubt hectic weekend. And an excellent effort from Rich!

I personally am mixed about the weekend, there are no supercards like previous years but there are a lot of matches that could be excellent across the dozens of shows. Honestly I think the two strongest cards on paper are from the two big UK promotions in Rev Pro and Progress, Rev Pro in particular looks very good. Plus both shows are early on in the week which should stand them in good stead.

I'm hopeful we will see Smile break out a bit this weekend too, he's been starting to get some bigger bookings the last few months but having seen him consistently put on the best match of the night in various mid level UK promotions I really hope he can do some good things this weekend, it's a shame he's not got a marquee single but his Rev Pro Tag and the Wrestlecon Ten Man should both be fun if nothing else.

Although having said that I think my MOST anticipated thing of the weekend is that we could potentially find the answer to the question "How Much Wrestling is Too Much Wrestling?" HYPED!