Music of the Mat Feedback for Undertaker Theme History

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
strikamura

Music of the Mat Feedback for Undertaker Theme History

Post by strikamura » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:03 pm

Episode 2 of Music of the Mat will be an Undertaker Theme History episode.

We wanted to give everyone the opportunity to post their thoughts on the many, many themes Taker has used throughout his career.

Let us know your favorites, your least favorites, rare versions that you think he should've used more, etc. And if there's anything else that you think would be pertinent to the episode that you want us to discuss, by all means, post it here. Thanks!

Joe Gagne
VOW Staff Member

Re: Music of the Mat Feedback for Undertaker Theme History

Post by Joe Gagne » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:41 pm

Badasses always kicking assholes' ass

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:03 pm

In the past year they released an Undertaker celebration album on iTunes, containing several themes, and other unique aspects like demos, commercials, and the recording from the Survivor Series debut.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:51 pm

One suggestion from Ep1...tighten it up...1h50m run time for music was a bit much. Faded after the 30m mark, and I've riden with Joe/Rich since Day 1 and their 3+ hour long podcasts...so I like long podcasts, but this one is a bit too niche for a long pod. A little more post-pro would help.

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:57 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:One suggestion from Ep1...tighten it up...1h50m run time for music was a bit much. Faded after the 30m mark, and I've riden with Joe/Rich since Day 1 and their 3+ hour long podcasts...so I like long podcasts, but this one is a bit too niche for a long pod. A little more post-pro would help.
Yeah, sorry about the length. We would have split up the introductions and the Fav Fives between two episodes had we realized it would have gone that long. We had even more stuff recorded, and it took a very long time to edit.

Episode 2 happens to be dedicated to a man with about 50 different variations of themes. So yeah, we'll do what we can do make it as succinct as possible, but we also want it to be as comprehensive as possible, so we'll do what we can. If it's too niche for a long listen, then I apologize.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:47 pm

I don't find a lot of Taker's variations on his normal theme that compelling, iconic though his entrance is, maybe because you've heard them for so long and there's only minor differences. So my favourite version is the one with the guitar riff from 98 just because it's something a bit more exciting.

BikerTaker is a different story. Can't go wrong with Rollin'.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:52 pm

I had no qualms about the length of the first episode. Nothing wrong with being efficient, but with so much nuiance that could be dived in to, that if it happens to go long, then so be it.

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We'll obviously keep tweaking the format as we go. Some stuff will work, some stuff won't. Hopefully people will stick around and see what we have planned.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:17 pm

I get mixing things up, but what were they thinking with using this theme for this run?

ThreeAndAHalf

Post by ThreeAndAHalf » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:09 pm

iTunes is being straight trash again. Any other ways to download the show?

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:37 pm

ThreeAndAHalf wrote:iTunes is being straight trash again. Any other ways to download the show?
Yeah, fuck iTunes.

You can subscribe to the VOW feed on your podcast app of choice (Pocket Casts, Podkicker, Downcast, etc.).

You can also listen to/download all the shows directly from AudioBoom: https://audioboom.com/channel/voices-of ... st-network

ThreeAndAHalf

Post by ThreeAndAHalf » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:40 pm

Thanks. I tried the unsubscribe and delete thing that had been working for me, but now nothing comes up when I search Voices of Wrestling.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm

ThreeAndAHalf wrote:Thanks. I tried the unsubscribe and delete thing that had been working for me, but now nothing comes up when I search Voices of Wrestling.
Yeah. sorry. We've been "deleted" by iTunes. No clue why. I have a ticket out to them but haven't heard anything back. I think I'm case 12429059205920529 or something insane so who knows.

Seek alternative means: Overcast, Downcast, PocketCasts, PlayerFM, Stitcher, TuneIn....