Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
What do you think about real reporters like Nolie putting all of the Meltzers and Kellers out of da biz?
Sammy Guevara. I've been pounding this one home for years. He made a small name outside Texas in 2016, but 2017 is the year he becomes an indie NAME. He's booked for Style Battle I, and he would be a favorite to win if it were up to me since Style Battle appears to be a name builder for WWN.soup23 wrote:Top guys to look out for in 2017 that will have breakout years.
He really should be on it now. Will he be? I have no idea. NXT is not run the way I would personally run it.Mick wrote:Do you think Samoa Joe will be on the main roster come Easter?
Ascension seem like prime candidates to be cut. Breeze would have to quit, politically he's safe. Ziggler had a chance to leave and didn't. Fandango would be #2 imo.Mick wrote:Who leaves WWE first? Breeze, Ziggler, Fandango, Ascension or someone else?
The pre-Kidani era Tanahashi/Nakamura matches never delivered the way they should have.Koss wrote:What's your most disappointing match? One you thought would really deliver but didn't.
Shingo/CIMA a few years ago when they went like 45 minutes and bored me to tears.
Kea was always a useful utility guy to have around, and I loved his early Mossman stuff.Danwaka wrote:How highly do you both rate Masakatsu Funaki and Taiyo Kea in terms of their importance to AJPW during their runs, and how important was Funaki in early 2013?
As far as Funaki, I really liked the Nagata/Stack of Arms feud circa ~2011. Underrate awesome feud.
It'll be harder, but not impossible, to pull this move in Japan due to loyalty. But if anyone thinks it'll be impossible, they are wrong. Tozawa proves that. There are plenty of Japanese wrestlers who have the dream of WWE and would participate in something like that.achillesforever6 wrote:With the rumors of WWE doing a WWE: Japan show much like the WWE UK tourney do you see them working with any of the big non-NJPW promotions/indies to fill in talent there? (Probably could have worded this better)
Couldn't get stuff double sourced, so I decided not to move forward. I had some great stuff, but mostly from a small handful of Quack's enemies, some of whom would not put their names on it or speak "on the record". So with no double sourcing, it would have opened myself and the site up to potential liable, and it just wasn't worth it. I had good balance from people who had nothing but great things to say too, fwiw. It would have been fun and I think it would have really been a huge success, but legalities I couldn't in good conscious bury a man, regardless of where I stand on the validity of some of the stories, when it was all coming from enemies and could not be confirmed. Based on what I had and who it was from, I would have felt sleazy publishing it.itsberlo wrote:What ever happened to the Chikara project Joe was working on? If this has been addressed then please ignore this question. Also due to lack of hot feuds this year, do you think Scrull/Ospreay has a shot in winning feud of the year or should at least get some buzz?
Scurll/Will is an interesting shout for Best Feud. I might go with that.
Kyle O'Reilly. Adam Cole.supersonic wrote:In 6 months, who on the ROH roster today is gone?
Maybe, but there is political issues at play there.Kikrusher99 wrote:Now that Noah has separated from NJPW, do you see an All Japan and Noah working relationship?
I'm pissed that I missed this. I wanted to ask Joe how he'd rank CHAOS members in terms of attractiveness .
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/
1. More channels that need programming, it's just mathBackLash wrote:1. Why is it that despite wrestling's lack of popularity with the general populace, why is there not only more wrestling shows but ones that can be found on TV?
2. As a follow-up, with WCPW airing on YouTube and getting big names for some of their shows and Lucha Underground still on the air, what is Global Force Wrestling doing wrong?
3. Despite the circumstances behind it, is David Finlay's ascent past Young Lion the first time New Japan has done that for a trainee/young boy without having them go on an excursion?
4. Do you guys have a match that is a sentimental favorite? It doesn't have to be a work of art, but something that's a personal favorite.
5. Which terrible wrestler has such a great theme song, that you wouldn't mind seeing them at least come out to the ring?
6. How about them Cubs?
2. GFW couldn't find suitable TV. I'm sure Jarrett could have taken a shitty deal, but the Jarrett's are notoriously conservative in business dealings. I'm guessing Jarrett sees YT as a poor model, or he would have done it by now.
3. From what I understand, he still may go on excursion. Sydal situation precipitated the elevation.
4. 1988 Royal Rumble. Rockers vs Barbarian/Haku WMVII. KENTA/Ishimori vs Marufuji/Ibushi 2007 NTV Cup.
5. Yujiro when he had the sexy saxophone deal. I enjoy a sexy sax number.
6. I hate the Cubs.
I'll cheat and say Pete Dunne earns a full time, real deal.FilipPejic wrote:What independent wrestlers do you guys believe by the end of 2017 will be contracted to the WWE.
1. Yes, there was an ep where the original driver hopped into the taxi to give one of the females the business for her...behavior in his cab. This of course was highly hypocritical, but at any rate it was resolved with some buttsex. All seems to be good in the Fake Taxi universe for now.avengers23 wrote:1. Did Female Fake Taxi's storyline ever get resolved? Is there a hot new adult film gimmick that Joe wants to let us know about?
2. Will Jeff Cobb vs. Matt Riddle be 2017's Dragon Lee vs. Kamaitachi or Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll?
3. Is there hope for the former La Sombra now that they're bringing more of the Los Ingobernables gimmick into his character?
4. One of you commented on the Twitter that the new wrestling geography is about your platform. I'm assuming that you're referring to companies controlling their own streaming platforms (WWE, NJPW, Chikara RevPro, Progress) or media companies packaging content from a number of companies (Highspots, FloSlam, DDT's thing). Do you want to expand on that comment?
2. Maybe. They are having a shoot grappling match on Flo, so it bleeds into the shoot world as well.
3. No. Not high on his upside in that company at all. Bad fit.
4. covered on audio
AJPWMorten VH wrote:Who's gonna have the better business year of NOAH or AJPW?
Not talking who's gonna draw the one biggest house number or who's gonna have the best product. But who will do better business overall throughout the entire year.
Another question, will DDT Universe lead to more or less interest in DDT than before it launched, here in the western world?
DDT Universe will have little to no impact for overall interest in DDT in the west. I think the hardcores who already follow will buy it, which is a minuscule number. If NJW has roughly 5000 western subs, DDT might not crack 1000.