VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
supersonic

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by supersonic » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:08 am

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:26 am

And???

I am telling you it is wrong according to the multiple people I talked to from his friends to people involved in WWE talent relations & according to people here.

AJR

Post by AJR » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:08 am

I know Zack is accepting bookings for later this year/early next year. What that says about him being signed or enjoying partying I have no idea.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:40 am

Gotta say, going back to the tired supersonic/rovert feud after the emotional rollercoaster that was Fray vs. Lanza was the worst booking decision since putting HHH/Orton on after Taker/Michaels at Mania.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:56 am

mlev76 wrote:Gotta say, going back to the tired supersonic/rovert feud after the emotional rollercoaster that was Fray vs. Lanza was the worst booking decision since putting HHH/Orton on after Taker/Michaels at Mania.
There's no feud. Just pointing out supersonic's lack of self awareness in attacking Fray. At least others (me included) like Fray and stick up for him. supersonic just alienates people and wages really pointless vendettas.

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:09 am

All this Fray/Lanza drama just confirms my opinion that Twitter is the worst communication platform ever created and has worked as a massive catalyst for current political developments around the world.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Fray while listening to that segment:

The last three pages of this thread...gold. Love it when jimmies get rustled.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:08 pm

van Fair wrote:All this Fray/Lanza drama just confirms my opinion that Twitter is the worst communication platform ever created and has worked as a massive catalyst for current political developments around the world.
Twitter and the net as a whole may be amongst the greatest double edged swords of modern times. On the one hand, so many have gained a voice from their existence. On the other hand, most have 1) not deserved to be heard and 2) abused said voice.

As an eternal optimist, I like to focus on the former, but it's entirely possible that twitter will be the final straw on the camel's back known as humanity.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:13 pm

The Fray Movement wrote:
Rainmaker_F7 wrote:I thought I am the only person in the world who fucking hates that Fray guy. Happy to find out I am not. He is a dick to everyone on twitter, and he has such a punchable face. :lol:
Hi, Rainmaker_F7 ....

I hate that you feel that way. I really am a happy person who absolutely loves professional wrestling in all its forms. I spend most weekends traveling from town to town, supporting both wrestlers and promotions, and doing my best to get some of the lesser known names some good pub. Sometimes I just like to go and have some fun and drink way too much. That's what wrestling is, brother. It's fun.

2016 has been the greatest year of my life. I'm not ashamed of that. I've met literal blood brothers that I would go to the goddamn grave for. Life's too short to be alone and to have no one to share what you love.

I actually hate that Joe and I have had such strong disagreements about things that we feel so very strongly about. Yes, it's partially my fault as I freely admit to dragging parts of it out for laughs. But I do think it's reached a point of silliness. I hate that it got to this point. There's probably no going back and in that case, it is what it is.

I haven't posted here in quite some time. It's better that way. But when I discovered I was unknowingly discussed on the audio and then received such hatred here, I felt like I should speak up. I hope this isn't deleted as I should be allowed to defend myself. If it is deleted, then I feel so, so sorry for you.

Brother Rainmaker_F7 and anyone else out there --- if you truly feel that strongly about me, to the point where you fucking hate me and want to punch me in the face --- please reach out to me. You know my twitter. Let's talk. I don't think I have it in my to be that angry at anyone. And I hope I can help any of you feel the same.

Hey Fray. I am really happy to see this post. We had some weird argument a while ago on twitter and you blocked me. Not a big deal. I probably just overreacted. Sometimes your behaviour on twitter to some people (not only just me) was a little bit dickish. Anyway, I shouldn't insult you because of that, because I don't know you in real life. So yeah, my bad.

Great to hear that you are having a great time doing what you love. I love wrestling as well.

I apologize for overreacting and insulting you out for almost no reason, especially that "punchable face" part. That was stupid. And thanks for the classy response.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:28 pm

Fray tryin to turn sympathetic babyface and winning over Rainmaker_F7

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Oh come on. It's not like I am on either side here.

Fray's response to my somewhat unnecessary comment was classy and I really appreciate that. I don't want to have an argument with anyone on a wrestling forum. That's it.

JML

Post by JML » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:17 pm

The fallout of this could've been a lot worse if people picked up on the other person that Joe mentioned on the show.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:39 pm

JML wrote:The fallout of this could've been a lot worse if people picked up on the other person that Joe mentioned on the show.
Leslie or Dylan?

JML

Post by JML » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:50 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:
JML wrote:The fallout of this could've been a lot worse if people picked up on the other person that Joe mentioned on the show.
Leslie or Dylan?
Leslie

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:53 pm

I said nothing disparaging about Dylan.

Leslie is a fool who has been exposed as such.