VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
User avatar
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin
Posts: 2174
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Wheaton, IL
Contact:

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:16 pm

mlev76 wrote:So.....I agree with Joe that Summerslam should be phenomenal this year.
Finn Balor, huh?

User avatar
itsberlo
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by itsberlo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:21 pm

The Fray Movement wrote:One final post and then I'll go back to just lurking...

At approx the 1:09:23 mark, Joe begins talking about a tournament that's been undercovered by this website. You can tells he's going for comedy there before heading into the Dragon Gate talk. And that's fine. But I do want to briefly mention the Scenic City Invitational from this weekend.

Here are full recaps of both shows.

http://gwhnewsandnotes.blogspot.com/201 ... t-one.html

http://gwhnewsandnotes.blogspot.com/201 ... t-two.html

Imagine a two day tournament in 2016 with Chris Hero and Matt Riddle and Lio Rush and Jimmy Rave. Just those four names alone should peak your interest. Now, imagine this tournament actually being a charity event where a lot of the guys came in for less than their usual payday. And these guys, on this charity event, still managed to go out and work as hard as they would anywhere else.

SCI Night 1 drew 350 paid. SCI Night 2 drew 600 paid. In total, the event raised $7,000 over two nights for East Hamilton High School's baseball team.

I believe there were fans there from 17 different states and two different Canadian provinces. There were vendors set up during the event. On Saturday, there were Q & As with a number of different folks including Matt Riddle and Chris Hero. Yes, it was a small part of wrestling twitter there but so much people had so much great things to say about the weekend in general, that I really hated it relegated to nothing more than a punch line to a joke.

What a great weekend. What a great year. A year that keeps just topping itself after every one of these stupid trips that I take.

The VOD will be out soon. I'll come back here and post the information, if any of you are interested in buying it. It's a bunch of much watch stuff, including wrestlers who are seriously considered some of the absolute best in the world.

If you want to know more about the weekend, come over to twitter dot com and any number of people will be willing to answer your questions.

I also attended this show and had a kick ass time. It was only $10 to get in, 90 miles from where I live and exposed me to lower name indy wrestlers that I have never seen. So to everything you said about the show I agree however this comment is where you and I see differently:
That's embarrassing. And I really do feel sorry for you and this website. And the people associated with it's name.


The fact you generalize makes me sick. I understand you might be pissed off about what Joe or some have said on this site but to say you feel sorry for anyone who is associated with this site makes it easier for a guy like me, who has no idea who you are until now, to dislike you. I was at SCI ,like I said previously, and I was there wearing a Voices of Wrestling t-shirt. So am I worth feeling sorry for now? Am I beneath a guy like you? Please let me know.

You can reach me on the twiiter dot com to discuss further.

User avatar
kjharris
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:16 pm

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by kjharris » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:24 pm

Personally if you really don't give a shit about somebody, then you don't bring that person up on your podcast and talk about how "you love that he's obsessed with you". You really seem unaware Joe how you came across with that phrase.

User avatar
abrasiveobelisksa
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:06 am

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by abrasiveobelisksa » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:26 pm

Rusev/Reigns should be interesting, at least for the finish, though the match will be excellent. Would they position Rollins on top as the champion, and Reigns as #2 with the US belt?

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:28 pm

kjharris wrote:Personally if you really don't give a shit about somebody, then you don't bring that person up on your podcast and talk about how "you love that he's obsessed with you". You really seem unaware Joe how you came across with that phrase.
That's fair. I chose to answer the question. It does fascinate me the level of which Fray is obsessed with me. And I believe the entire statement was "I love that he's obsessed with me (pause) while I don't care at all about him", or something to that effect. I was trying to get across the idea that I have moved on, while he clearly has not. I can see where it may have come off poorly.

User avatar
Joe Lanza
Site Admin
Posts: 2732
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:34 pm

The Fray Movement wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:
The Fray Movement wrote:
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO ANSWER THE GOD DAMN QUESTION ON A PRE RECORDED AUDIO PODCAST? YOU COULD HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO ANSWER IT.

WHY DID YOU CALL ME A CHODE IN YOUR SLACK CHAT AFTER ONE OF YOUR STAFF MEMBERS PUBLICLY SAID THEY WANTED ME DEAD?

Christ almighty.
I probably would have skipped the question if you weren't so obsessive and so aggressive and mean spirited towards me on Twitter. So I have no sympathy. If you didn't behave the way you do, you wouldn't have people noticing how immature and boorish you come off on Twitter. The guy wanted to know what your deal is, so I explained it as honestly as possible.

Again, we don't like each other. There is some level of fault on both sides. Let it go, man. LET IT GO. I have long ago. No ill will. Be well.
You talk shit about me as a human being on your podcast listened to by "thousand and thousands" of people. You say that I'm nothing. And then you tell me to just let it go.

You admit you have a bigger platform than me.

It started in December when I said let's slow down before calling Wrestle Kingdom a classic. You called me a dollar store Dylan Hales knockoff.

It ends eight months later with you shit bagging me to your entire listener base on a show with sponsors that you base your whole website around. You say I'm nothing. You call me sad and lonely. You rip on me as a loser with no friends.

Congrats to you and Rich and Rob and all the writers on this website and the sponsors with whom you do business. I'm sure they made the right decisions doing business with you.

So, you win.

I quit.
Welp, this is certainly one very one sided take on things.

When I say you "are nothing", it means you are nothing to ME. Because you aren't. You are a random person on Twitter. I stopped paying attention to your nonsense (all of which you leave out of your awful summation of this completely stupid and ridiculous situation) and trolling and personal attacks when I realized that you are nobody to me, an absolute stranger.

Your behavior is sad, in my opinion. Months of someone taking personal shots at you and posting your face as a meme and everything else might give someone that view. Now again, lets just part ways. This is doing no one any amount of good.

User avatar
Garuda
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:15 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by Garuda » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:11 pm

I made a pancake recently and almost got it shaped like Ishii's head. I think I'll get it next time.

User avatar
TCMitchell
VOW Staff Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:45 am
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by TCMitchell » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:36 pm

The Fray Movement wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:
The Fray Movement wrote:
Just listened to what you said on the podcast.

You literally didn't have to answer the question. Even after you answered it, you could've said, "Hey, Rich, delete that part where I take unnecessary personal shots at Fray."

What you did in that show goes far, far beyond just laughful haha wrestling talk.

Don't do what you did.

That's embarrassing. And I really do feel sorry for you and this website. And the people associated with it's name.

Be better.
Again, from the person who takes shots at me non stop, nearly every day, including countless memes of my face on your timeline. This after we privately agreed to stay out of each others way since we couldn't get along, an agreement you broke roughly five seconds after we made it.

You've taken "unnecessary personal shots" at me for months. Sorry if I'm not moved. I answered the question as honestly as possible. We don't like each other. I've moved on. Please do the same.
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO ANSWER THE GOD DAMN QUESTION ON A PRE RECORDED AUDIO PODCAST? YOU COULD HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO ANSWER IT.

WHY DID YOU CALL ME A CHODE IN YOUR SLACK CHAT AFTER ONE OF YOUR STAFF MEMBERS PUBLICLY SAID THEY WANTED ME DEAD?

Christ almighty.
Fray, you've been "trolling" VOW and more specifically Joe for months. You seem to be playing the victim here by being Mr. Positive Pro Graps fan and it's certainly contradictory to your actions.

I saw you at the AAW show recently and I used to follow you on Twitter. The side of you that is a jovial pro wrestling fan that just loves watching/attending wrestling shows isn't the side of you that anyone is questioning. THAT side of you is the side that people enjoy about you. THAT side of you is the side that the group of people attending the SCI with you saw and enjoyed. These people ushering to your side enjoy THAT side of you.

But, the side of you that trolls Joe on Twitter is the side that is at question here. The side that will literally hate watch a product just so you can pile on Joe/VOW about it. I.e. "Noah is Booty", "Okada is shit", "Ishii for WOTY? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA", "what in the fuck is a Kobe World?"

None of those things are "Hey! Let's all enjoy wrestling" like you are trying to perceive is your attitude. You very obviously enjoy getting a reaction out of these trolling tweets and very obviously enjoy when some of your Twitter followers join in. You get off on people thinking your trolling is funny or amusing.

You came here to defend yourself and you are touting this positive message of "let's all enjoy what we enjoy in wrestling message", but basing off of your Twitter trolling, you are probably the last person that can tout this message.

Now, I know you are probably going to say something silly like "those were just jokes", but if you are being real with yourself then you know those are contradictory to the "fun loving fray" you're trying to get across.

And if you're being really real with yourself you'll admit that if you stopped trolling Joe/VOW months ago then he would've never had a reason to answer the question. The question was asked by a bystander that noticed your behavior. That's how ridiculous your trolling has been. Had you just gone your separate ways before then the question wouldn't have even been asked. Were Joe's words harsh? Maybe. Sure. Depends on how you received them since they were about you. But, use some personal accountability here. Look in the mirror. Can you honestly say that none of your actions lead to the audio in question?

Like I said, there's a side of you that people seem to enjoy. And I can tell you truly love wrestling. Just be THAT guy. Don't be a dick.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
soup23
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:21 pm

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by soup23 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:27 pm

itsberlo wrote:
The Fray Movement wrote:One final post and then I'll go back to just lurking...

At approx the 1:09:23 mark, Joe begins talking about a tournament that's been undercovered by this website. You can tells he's going for comedy there before heading into the Dragon Gate talk. And that's fine. But I do want to briefly mention the Scenic City Invitational from this weekend.

Here are full recaps of both shows.

http://gwhnewsandnotes.blogspot.com/201 ... t-one.html

http://gwhnewsandnotes.blogspot.com/201 ... t-two.html

Imagine a two day tournament in 2016 with Chris Hero and Matt Riddle and Lio Rush and Jimmy Rave. Just those four names alone should peak your interest. Now, imagine this tournament actually being a charity event where a lot of the guys came in for less than their usual payday. And these guys, on this charity event, still managed to go out and work as hard as they would anywhere else.

SCI Night 1 drew 350 paid. SCI Night 2 drew 600 paid. In total, the event raised $7,000 over two nights for East Hamilton High School's baseball team.

I believe there were fans there from 17 different states and two different Canadian provinces. There were vendors set up during the event. On Saturday, there were Q & As with a number of different folks including Matt Riddle and Chris Hero. Yes, it was a small part of wrestling twitter there but so much people had so much great things to say about the weekend in general, that I really hated it relegated to nothing more than a punch line to a joke.

What a great weekend. What a great year. A year that keeps just topping itself after every one of these stupid trips that I take.

The VOD will be out soon. I'll come back here and post the information, if any of you are interested in buying it. It's a bunch of much watch stuff, including wrestlers who are seriously considered some of the absolute best in the world.

If you want to know more about the weekend, come over to twitter dot com and any number of people will be willing to answer your questions.

I also attended this show and had a kick ass time. It was only $10 to get in, 90 miles from where I live and exposed me to lower name indy wrestlers that I have never seen. So to everything you said about the show I agree however this comment is where you and I see differently:
That's embarrassing. And I really do feel sorry for you and this website. And the people associated with it's name.


The fact you generalize makes me sick. I understand you might be pissed off about what Joe or some have said on this site but to say you feel sorry for anyone who is associated with this site makes it easier for a guy like me, who has no idea who you are until now, to dislike you. I was at SCI ,like I said previously, and I was there wearing a Voices of Wrestling t-shirt. So am I worth feeling sorry for now? Am I beneath a guy like you? Please let me know.

You can reach me on the twiiter dot com to discuss further.


Nice USA pants your were rocking on Saturday brother.

User avatar
itsberlo
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by itsberlo » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:04 am

Nice USA pants your were rocking on Saturday brother.
Well thank you sir! They will be back for BOLA.

Image

User avatar
billknust
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by billknust » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:07 am

Sorry I asked the question. Should have known better. Won't make the same mistake twice, Joe. Learned more than enough in this thread right here. Keep up the good work, Joe and Rich.

As an aside, I too am looking forward to SummerSlam.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
DXvsNWO
Posts: 1180
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:30 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:49 am

Completely agree with your answer of Shingo for the "what Dragon Gate wrestler would you want to see in New Japan" question. I had the same answer when I saw that question (before I listened to the podcast). There would be so many potentially awesome matches with Shingo in New Japan.

Also, I'm totally on Team Lanza when it comes to the Goto/Okada match from Night 5 of the G1. I don't think I loved it quite as much as you did, but I thought it was a great match.
Image

User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 3332
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by supersonic » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:01 am

Fray massively gotten to. The same Fray that requests "don't tweet at me" like he's special in the slightest. There are plenty of other folks who get scoops and have a finger on the pulse without such a false sense of egotism and arrogance. At least Trevor McDonald felt justified (as flawed as it is) with his immature bullshit this year.

User avatar
wac
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:54 pm

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by wac » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:55 am

Can we call Wrestle Kingdom a classic yet?

User avatar
rovert
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am

Re: VOW - G1, SummerSlam build, listener questions

Post by rovert » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:25 am

supersonic wrote:Fray massively gotten to. The same Fray that requests "don't tweet at me" like he's special in the slightest. There are plenty of other folks who get scoops and have a finger on the pulse without such a false sense of egotism and arrogance. At least Trevor McDonald felt justified (as flawed as it is) with his immature bullshit this year.
Stop being a sniping loon. You got permanently banned from the F4W forum due to your false sense of egotism and arrogance. And your Wrestlemania ticket power play with Bryan Alvarez has seemingly totally failure.

Your Zack Sabre Jr./WWE story and Ibushiroad buying ROH stories you pushed both had zero merit too.

Post Reply