QUESTIONS for 8/4-8/5 VOW Flagship

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
EvanDeadlySins

Re: QUESTIONS for 8/4-8/5 VOW Flagship

Post by EvanDeadlySins » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:36 am

You may have talked about it briefly in the forum, but I'd like you to expand your thoughts on this new narrative that Okada, despite having beaten Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom, is still not NJPW's ace, either with regards to his presentation or the way that he's viewed by the Japanese fans - that is, Ace chants for Tanahashi, and Tanahashi being more over than Okada in most areas. Also, do you feel that Okada is a strong and long-term Ace, or a transitional one until a better one comes along? Most people think he still shines most as the cocky youth heel.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:10 am

Thoughts on the theory of Jado being a better tournament booker than Gedo?

Since the NOAH split G1s/BoSJs just seem to have lost something booking wise in most eyes, with things happening like Naito randomly getting knocked out the day before the final day for no reason at all last year. Meanwhile NOAH's Global League last year was magnificently booked.

supersonic

QUESTIONS for 8/4-8/5 VOW Flagship

Post by supersonic » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:44 am

Why doesn't ROH utilize 3 year contracts anymore? Is it too expensive? Were deals of that length during the taped PPV era a reason Silkin bled money? I ask this question because with WWE now scooping up names, 3 year deals would provide comfort for the booking team to actually put more of the roster in substantial grooves.

Also, I still wanna know what 3 singles matches you'd book for WM33.

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:08 pm

Not sure if you watched this week's NXT show but I would like to hear your takes on Hideo Itami's current physical status post surgery. Do you think his chances of ever making the main roster are doomed? Do you ever see him being the same again?

pacosilva92

Post by pacosilva92 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:43 pm

What movies/tv shows do you enjoy the most? Is there a genre that you prefer, or a particular era of film/tv? Do you have a top 10 movies/tv shows?

ChutiyaHogaTeraBaap

Post by ChutiyaHogaTeraBaap » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:59 pm

1) Rank in order of dumbness : i)Wikipedia editors
ii) Yelp reviewers
iii)GUTS World refs
iv) Jado and Genba (NOAH bookers)

2) Is AJPW a viable Promotion of the year contender, since they have easily grown the most over that time period ? (Shows have been great too)

3) Is Yujiro better than Tama Tonga ?

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:38 pm

The vaunted "IWC" loves to eat its own - ie. what once was cool will become a whipping boy once it becomes too popular. Essentially, it's the hipster class of wrestling. It happened to ROH, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, and currently seems to be happening to New Japan judging from responses to the G1 so far. With that in mind, what current "internet darlings" are in danger of having the mob turn on them? Conversely, what whipping boy has the potential to have the tide of dislike turn back to love in the near future?

billknust

Post by billknust » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:09 pm

What in the fuck does the Southern wrestling contingent have against you? It seems like Fray and Dylan are always subtweeting you and making snide remarks. One caught my attention this morning, complaining about your love of Ishii.

AmplifiedtoRock

Post by AmplifiedtoRock » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:33 pm

1. Why are people so quick to judge the brand split? Doesn't it make so much more sense to let things play out and to re-evaluate come WrestleMania in Orlando?

2. While YOSHI HASHI has improved and is a solid guy, he's still not an elite performer. Why are people putting him over?
Follow me on the Twitter machine: @AmplifiedtoRock

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:45 pm

What is the endgame for the WWN/WWE relationship? Will we ever see WWN footage on the Network?

Will we ever see ROH and/or NJPW on a Roku channel/app that we can access from a TV?

rollup

Post by rollup » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:20 pm

when are you going to watch some GUTS World

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:43 pm

billknust wrote:What in the fuck does the Southern wrestling contingent have against you? It seems like Fray and Dylan are always subtweeting you and making snide remarks. One caught my attention this morning, complaining about your love of Ishii.
:lol: This could be a whole episode.

JML

Post by JML » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:47 pm

What's the next promotion that gets raided by WWE like the New Japan exodus?

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:03 pm

billknust wrote:What in the fuck does the Southern wrestling contingent have against you? It seems like Fray and Dylan are always subtweeting you and making snide remarks. One caught my attention this morning, complaining about your love of Ishii.
Please rant about this.

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Darn, I was going to ask do you wanna build a snowman (that's my new goal in wrestling)?