Call for questions - 7/13 Flagship

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Call for questions - 7/13 Flagship

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:05 pm

Go.

Shining Wiz

Re: Call for questions - 7/13 Flagship

Post by Shining Wiz » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:12 pm

If you went to Vegas to bet on the G1, what kind of odds are you looking at throughout the field?

EvanDeadlySins

Post by EvanDeadlySins » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Considering the significant NOAH presence in the G1, and the continuing pitiful attendance for NOAH shows, I feel that it's only a matter of time until Bushiroad chooses to have NJPW absorb NOAH entirely. What would your opinions be if that occurred, and do you agree that it seems likely?

ruttenbas

Post by ruttenbas » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:22 pm

Just spend an hour talking about how great bola 2016 could be but also how it might not live up to expectations based on the talent involved.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:24 pm

In your opinion what is the best weekly wrestling tv show this year?
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

Mogel

Post by Mogel » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:24 pm

1. Would you consider the over abundance of tournaments in NJPW a form of filler content?

2. Any thoughts on the upcoming EVOLVE shows?

3. I know Joe must be all over Pokemon Go, so I have to ask how that's going.

4. Since Rich is clearly avoiding female fake taxi can we get a full breakdown of MyDirtyMaid? I feel it's more up his alley.
THE CAPTAIN Image YOUR CAPTAIN

avengers23

Post by avengers23 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Who's gained the most from his or her time in Lucha Underground? Ricochet? Pentagon Jr. or Fenix? Judas Mesias, who's turned it completely around with Mil Muertes? Is it Jeff Cobb?

Why doesn't Sasha Banks get more criticism for how lifeless her TV matches are?

Now that "Dirty" Andy Dalton has made his NOAH debut, who else should be recognized with a run abroad?

Why hasn't Athena made her TV debut on NXT? You'd think that they could start building her to replace Bayley as the other workhorse woman.

Why does Wrestle-1 keep trying with KAI? (Maybe this could spark a whip around Japan?)

Rich, did you ever end up watching Fortune Dream 3? What were your thoughts on Yuji Hino and Yuji Okayabashi's spot in front of Kobashi?

Do you want to touch on mid-year awards, or do you want to keep it solely for the end of the year?

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:39 pm

Following your rumor report of Gargano going to NXT full time, Ciampa made his future official today, so thoughts on all that.

That whole UFC 200 thing with Brock, from the wrestling fan viewpoint.

Fantasy WWE Draft lol.

Gifs on Twitter! It's basically audio less short clips now. .

How about a viewing Path of Greatness with the packed schedule in the next several weeks?

seems like there is a lot of fury, over the lack of fury about ROH from some parties.

ManuRomero90

Post by ManuRomero90 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:55 pm

Regarding all the ROH problems coming out lately, What do you think is the solution to their problems?

Booking is being bad this year but i doubt that changing that alone will solve all their problems and give them buzz again with all the alternatives that are out there right now. I think they have the problem of being in the middle, they are not going to waste money stupidly but also not going to invest enough to improve either.

Thanks guys can´t wait to listen the show!

Oli Court
VOW Staff Member

Post by Oli Court » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Could you attempt to predict a 20-man G1 field for 2020? - Who's staying on/dropping out between now and then? Which Young Lions/excursioners will have graduated into the heavyweight division? Any outsiders/NOAH guys who you see being part of the NJPW roster by then?

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:14 pm

This is a hard one to put into question form but I'll try... been meaning to ask for a while but always missed cutoff...

Where do you guys draw the line between internet stalking & getting SCOOPZ? Or do you draw a line at all?

For reference point - this year I've come across a couple instances of indy wrestlers who have been alarmed to discover "fans" who have been facebook/twitter/insert other social media stalking not just them but also people in their personal life. Seems like it's becoming more prevalent amongst a certain type of internet "fan". One wrestler in particular traced a certain story about him leaking back to him replying to someone he knows (not in wrestling) on instagram, that person being followed by a "fan" & then that person in another post mentioning something about her friend which then turned into news in the wrestling world. On one hand if it was a reporter who was being paid to do this you'd say that's fine, he's just doing his job. On the other hand in this particular instance it was just a random "fan" who had nothing to gain other than way too much time on his/her hands to be able to follow every post from a complete stranger. (This wrestler also figured out this "fan" followed every single person he interacted with on instagram whether it was wrestling related or not)

Do we at VOW approve of this type of behavior in the name of getting dirt?
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:23 pm

A rich specific question: as a married man with a career, how do you keep up with all the NBA and graps without fracturing your relationship?

Headlock

Post by Headlock » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:26 pm

Why are most of the hardcore Lucha Underground fans so weird?

Why is Sascha Banks so bad on the Main roster and why does everyone defend her?

Would you talk about the great Korakuen Show DG had this month on the 7th for a bit?
Call me leon

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:30 pm

If voting took place today, what are the chances that "Broken" Matt Hardy wins Best Gimmick in the WON Awards?

I actually have a ROH question, but it's actually not regarding the current turmoil. I think one of the more interesting stories regarding ROH's history is that the company could have gone under in 2011 if the SBG purchase didn't happen (I believe that was the case, but please correct me if I'm wrong). Now I'm a big fan of the "alternate history" genre, and I was wondering what you think might have happened if ROH actually closed its doors in 2011? How do you think this change would have impacted the wrestling world in the last five years, and do you think people today would think of ROH more fondly (compared to today) had the company had gone under in 2011?

I know it's a very loaded and out-there question (considering it's a hypothetical, and the fact that there are a ton of different directions you can go with it), so I completely understand if you don't answer it.

abrasiveobelisksa

Post by abrasiveobelisksa » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:36 pm

Favorite Pokemon game?