BOSJ, Extreme Rules, Lion's Gate Project2, Your Questions!

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Re: BOSJ, Extreme Rules, Lion's Gate Project2, Your Questions!

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu May 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Didnt even consider a Nattie turn, but that's makes a lot of sense. Good call.

avengers23

Post by avengers23 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:55 pm

I was just about to make the Mike Francesca comparison right before Rich made it himself.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Thu May 19, 2016 9:50 pm

I'm surprised to learn you don't like Southern Rasslin', Joe.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri May 20, 2016 12:34 am

Danwaka wrote:I'm surprised to learn you don't like Southern Rasslin', Joe.
That was end of the show silliness with the ranch dressing talk. I don't have a strong opinion either way, if I'm being completely honest. Continental might be my favorite territory, but I never liked Memphis (in ring it didn't appeal to me, but the promos and angles were fun). I liked JCP, Mid Atlantic, and World Class, but I don't know if you consider those "southern". As far as modern southern indies, I don't watch enough to have an opinion that should matter to anyone. I watch the hyped matches and they're fine.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:43 am

The paranoia of getting diseases is why I always ask for food to be well done. I'll go as low as medium rare if it's presented at a party, but my preference is to just have it 100% cooked.

I'm glad someone else is as impatient as I am for getting sodas at the machines. Usually get the Coke Zero with Lemon.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri May 20, 2016 3:19 am

Joe Lanza wrote:
Danwaka wrote:I'm surprised to learn you don't like Southern Rasslin', Joe.
That was end of the show silliness with the ranch dressing talk. I don't have a strong opinion either way, if I'm being completely honest. Continental might be my favorite territory, but I never liked Memphis (in ring it didn't appeal to me, but the promos and angles were fun). I liked JCP, Mid Atlantic, and World Class, but I don't know if you consider those "southern". As far as modern southern indies, I don't watch enough to have an opinion that should matter to anyone. I watch the hyped matches and they're fine.
Oh no, I'd definitely consider JCP/Mid-Atlantic and World Class as southern personally. For me Rasslin' can be as far north as Delaware and Maryland and as far west as Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico & Utah.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri May 20, 2016 2:46 pm

Case, I haven't listened to Coloring Book yet because I didn't want to sub to Apple Music and was hoping it'd be released some other way... guess not. I'm listening to it now and will have my thoughts on it in a little bit. So far so good though. Could do without any inclusion of Kanye West and lil Wayne but it's recovering nicely from a shitty start.

AmplifiedtoRock

Post by AmplifiedtoRock » Fri May 20, 2016 3:05 pm

Joe...I've found that Coke Zero is tremendous in a can, acceptable in a plastic bottle, but horrendous from a fountain. Your thoughts?
Follow me on the Twitter machine: @AmplifiedtoRock

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri May 20, 2016 3:47 pm

AmplifiedtoRock wrote:Joe...I've found that Coke Zero is tremendous in a can, acceptable in a plastic bottle, but horrendous from a fountain. Your thoughts?
I'd go can, fountain, bottle.

Can is #1 easily. Bottle is last because no matter how smooth I pour, it goes flat. Especially if ice is in the glass.

Fountain could be a shitty C02 mix. Sometimes restaurant managers will jack up the carbonation and lower the syrup mix, because over the course of the year you can save hundreds of dollars.

AmplifiedtoRock

Post by AmplifiedtoRock » Fri May 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:Fountain could be a shitty C02 mix. Sometimes restaurant managers will jack up the carbonation and lower the syrup mix, because over the course of the year you can save hundreds of dollars.
Is this also true of the computerized gimmicks that have a million different varieties and the option to add vanilla, cherry, and lime flavoring? Several local places around here have those things and I sort of hate them.
Follow me on the Twitter machine: @AmplifiedtoRock

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri May 20, 2016 4:49 pm

AmplifiedtoRock wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:Fountain could be a shitty C02 mix. Sometimes restaurant managers will jack up the carbonation and lower the syrup mix, because over the course of the year you can save hundreds of dollars.
Is this also true of the computerized gimmicks that have a million different varieties and the option to add vanilla, cherry, and lime flavoring? Several local places around here have those things and I sort of hate them.

Yes, they can be manipulated too.

ceftaxias

Post by ceftaxias » Fri May 20, 2016 11:05 pm

You guys really gotta cut down on the "people only have X opinion because they are being ironic/contrarians" thing

KennyUpstairs

Post by KennyUpstairs » Sat May 21, 2016 3:46 pm

Is the less-than-enthusiastic welcome for Austin Aries in NXT the reason he is being matched with Nakamura? Will Shinsuke be able to drag a great match out of Aries and get him over?

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat May 21, 2016 4:24 pm

It will be the WWE breakout for Aries while also keeping Nakamura strong to headline Brooklyn against Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat May 21, 2016 5:33 pm

KennyUpstairs wrote:Is the less-than-enthusiastic welcome for Austin Aries in NXT the reason he is being matched with Nakamura? Will Shinsuke be able to drag a great match out of Aries and get him over?
I think Aries is top class, so the idea of having to drag a great match out of him is amusing to me.