STR 118: Dave Meltzer on WWE Survivor Series, NXT, TNA TV, Aries, Sombra, PWG and more!

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

STR 118: Dave Meltzer on WWE Survivor Series, NXT, TNA TV, Aries, Sombra, PWG and more!

Post by Rob McCarron » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:11 am

STR 118 - Dave Meltzer joins to talk Survivor Series, NXT TV, TNA, La Sombra, Austin Aries, and takes your questions!

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer joins Rob McCarron and Jeff Hawkins on Shake Them Ropes to help preview the 2015 WWE Survivor Series! Dave analyzes the matches and what has led up to them. We also get into your VOW Forum questions, plus talk on NXT TV, Austin Aries, La Sombra, TNA on Pop, PWG tickets, and much more. It's a fun 50 minutes with one of wrestling's greatest historians and reporters.

Then, Jeff and I watch and review WWE Survivor Series 1998: Deadly Game. It's the tournament for the vacant WWF Championship! We'll talk the ongoings of that PPV, how it relates to Sunday's edition of the Survivor Series, and more. It's a fun show, nearly two hours of bonus audio, that I hope you enjoy!

Download
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

rwa2play

Re: STR 118: Dave Meltzer on WWE Survivor Series, NXT, TNA TV, Aries, Sombra, PWG and more!

Post by rwa2play » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Like a cat with nine lives, TNA somehow manages to survive again.

rovert

Re: STR 118: Dave Meltzer on WWE Survivor Series, NXT, TNA TV, Aries, Sombra, PWG and more!

Post by rovert » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Probably the worst week/day to interview Dave sadly. But I thought Rob did a great job interviewing someone who was clearly tired and preoccupied. The review of SS 98 was fun and upbeat though.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:09 pm

I got the tired vibe too. I thought Dave was fine and despite Rob and Jeff's best efforts they got the (justifiably so) bare minimum that Dave had left.

JML

Post by JML » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:20 pm

I totally agree that the guys did a good job and even though Dave was short on a lot of the questions, he seemed to be more talkative about other things WWE related. I don't blame him for being short cause this was a busy news week.

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:31 pm

I wasn't sure if tired or just not interested

tired makes more sense.

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:03 pm

also, thanks

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Don't take that as me putting the show down at all, I enjoyed the hell out of it and you guys did a great job. You just felt like Dave was on the verge of falling asleep. The show actually picked up steam once you started talking DEADLY GAME!

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:25 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Don't take that as me putting the show down at all, I enjoyed the hell out of it and you guys did a great job. You just felt like Dave was on the verge of falling asleep. The show actually picked up steam once you started talking DEADLY GAME!

didn't take that as criticism, I just felt the "we're working here to get him to expound" feeling at times and did my best to not make Rob have to work harder than he already was with my input mucking it up.

though the no-sell of Rob's Sin Cara joke got an inappropriate laugh from me

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:26 pm

My favorite part, most definitely.

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Post by Rob McCarron » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:31 pm

I did my best.
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube