Page 1 of 2

Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:34 am
by SammyJ_D
Discuss here

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:23 am
by dj22319
I'm kinda curious, but who's the guy on commentary with Mike Tenay?
Also, I've heard so much about the team of Art Barr and Eddie, their heel run was legendary apparently. I really gotta learn more about Lucha Libre history.

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:37 am
by dj22319
I've never seen a team get a pin and then lose the fall in a lucha libre match, so that comeback from Octagon was SO good to see, cuz the odds were definitely against him. The crowd was red hot for that comeback.

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:54 am
by dj22319
Awww jeezus, the video skipped the piledriver spots. That sucks so much. Nonetheless, this was a tremendous match with great use of the two out of three falls to garner suspense.

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:12 am
by Joe Lanza
dj22319 wrote:I'm kinda curious, but who's the guy on commentary with Mike Tenay?
Also, I've heard so much about the team of Art Barr and Eddie, their heel run was legendary apparently. I really gotta learn more about Lucha Libre history.
Chris Cruise. Good, solid announcer.

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:13 am
by Joe Lanza
dj22319 wrote:Awww jeezus, the video skipped the piledriver spots. That sucks so much. Nonetheless, this was a tremendous match with great use of the two out of three falls to garner suspense.
Might be the edited version that pops up on WWE video releases. The full unedited version is floating around somewhere, I watched it a few months ago.

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:25 am
by mrjoshdude
Just wondering, since this match took place in California does that make it a Mexico entry or a US entry?

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:09 am
by dj22319
Joe Lanza wrote:
dj22319 wrote:I'm kinda curious, but who's the guy on commentary with Mike Tenay?
Also, I've heard so much about the team of Art Barr and Eddie, their heel run was legendary apparently. I really gotta learn more about Lucha Libre history.
Chris Cruise. Good, solid announcer.
Thanks Joe.

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:23 am
by dj22319
Oh hear it is. It's the Spanish commentary.
Better quality too

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:58 am
by SammyJ_D
dj22319 wrote:Oh hear it is. It's the Spanish commentary.
Better quality too
If anyone can find the full match just lemme know and I'll replace it up top. Problem with that video is that the uploader decided to never add P2 to it so you get 12 minutes and that's it.

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:44 pm
by Rah
It's here:

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:35 pm
by Joe Lanza
mrjoshdude wrote:Just wondering, since this match took place in California does that make it a Mexico entry or a US entry?
This is an interesting question.

MAKE A RULING, SAM. GOD, WHAT A SLACKER.

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:14 pm
by SammyJ_D
WHY DID WE DO THIS TO ME?!

EDIT: We are going country of origin if we have an understanding where the match takes place. I don't really know if that is the best way to do it but in my head it makes sense. Cause at the end of the day calling this the greatest match to take place in Mexico would be just a straight lie. Can't have that.

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:47 pm
by dj22319
SammyJ_D wrote:WHY DID WE DO THIS TO ME?!

EDIT: We are going country of origin if we have an understanding where the match takes place. I don't really know if that is the best way to do it but in my head it makes sense. Cause at the end of the day calling this the greatest match to take place in Mexico would be just a straight lie. Can't have that.
I think this format is great, and so so sorry that this happened.

Re: Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo (AAA 11/6/1994)

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:07 pm
by SammyJ_D
I'm just kitten with ya haha. NO WORRIES!