Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (WWF 03/20/94)

BillThompson

Re: Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (WWF 03/28/96)

Post by BillThompson » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Definitely has a shot, though it's not the greatest ladder match I've ever seen. Still, a great match, with tremendous heat, and both men work both very hard and show a lot of logic in the way they work.

Rah

Post by Rah » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:09 am

Is there another singles match of theirs that this alludes to? The video happened 20th March 1994.

BillThompson wrote:Definitely has a shot, though it's not the greatest ladder match I've ever seen. Still, a great match, with tremendous heat, and both men work both very hard and show a lot of logic in the way they work.
I don't see this. Razor's wrestling rather stupidly at points. When he first brings in the ladder, he can clearly see HBK start his rope-running, yet he continues to set himself up to be hurt. His spirited spurt, and running forearm, taking both of them down for so long, was odd. Moreover, he's just not any good at setting up the payoffs here. He'll motion into a position to take a spot, but visible pause and await HBK to carry through. Most egregious is him simply talking a sitting up Shawn into lying back down for the slingshot into the ladder (while they're on the outside).

Shawn's equally only going to let Razor look as good as he wants him to be, and he does his ridiculous selling when the face is trying to get his early match momentum. Additionally, Razor hitting his signature chokeslam that early should have been a bigger moment, instead of it leading to HBK coming into control. Whatever, it's rather minor, right? It's a pity, Shawn could have been a great pinball wrestler if he wasn't so full of himself at this point in his career. There's showing ass, as a heel, then there's just being an ass. That isn't a shot at the wardrobe malfunction, either.

Credit where it's due, though, the finish was outstanding. It's a pity HBk fell out of the ropes as soon as he did, but him getting trapped was cool as shit.

SammyJ_D

Post by SammyJ_D » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:40 am

I don't know dates. So I went with whatever. I'm just not going to accept noms from that person and turn this into a thread for THAT match. I don't know if this was the match he was going for or if he had the wrong date for the ironman match. Either way, DAMN IT!

Quentin Moody

Re: Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (WWF 03/20/94)

Post by Quentin Moody » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:27 pm

Really like this match, kinda overrated though as it gets hailed as "the best ladder match ever" and probably won't make my list.

dancecab

Re: Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (WWF 03/20/94)

Post by dancecab » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:56 pm

This was the match I wanted. Don't know if the date id wrong. For me one of the best ladder matches in terms of heat and psychology. Alot of the ladder matches after just become spots but this one was way more then that. Still love this to this day.