Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane vs. Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong (NWA 07/07/90)

BillThompson

Re: Booby Eaton & Stan Lane vs. Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong (NWA 07/07/90)

Post by BillThompson » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Has a great shot at my list. Fantastic Southern tag work being done. It's amazing what can happen with two over teams who can work the face/heel dynamic in spades, and work a fast pace while still implementing structure to the match.

VicVenomBytes927

Re: Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane vs. Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong (NWA 07/07/90)

Post by VicVenomBytes927 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:10 am

Love this match. One of my all time favorite tag matches and the classic southern style match.

ajdb

Post by ajdb » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:37 am

Great match. First time I've seen it and it's so refreshing to see just some great team work & and two teams that seemed to work well together. Loved how we didn't see a pin attempt until the last minute of the match. The really got me both times. Top 3 on my list.

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:18 pm

One of my absolute favorite all time matches. It will certainyl place top 3 on my list with a good shot at Nr. 1.

One thing I'd like to point out is the amazing job Jim Ross does on commentary, might be his best ever. Explains the long shine sequence at the start and the ramps up the emotion down the stretch.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:00 am

Aside from being technically great, this is a very intriguing match to watch with modern eyes for many reasons. Seeing the Midnights in their second-to-last big match in WCW makes you appreciate their style of not necessarily going just for moves to get pins, but to wear their opponents down. It's also interesting to see how they went with the Steiners instead of the Southern Boys as secondary champions and it took a couple more years before they actually got the belts. Match seemed like a fun oasis in the midst of the slow motion car crash that would eventually come one year later.