Aja Kong vs. Manami Toyota (AJW 11/20/94)

SammyJ_D

Aja Kong vs. Manami Toyota (AJW 11/20/94)

Post by SammyJ_D » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:20 pm

Discuss here

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Re: Aja Kong vs. Manami Toyota (AJW 11/20/94)

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:49 pm

Can't go the full five on this one as the ending felt a little flat but the juice of this match was incredible. My favorite part is Toyota using the back arch to "kick out" of Aja Kong's pinfalls knowing that simply moving her arm up wouldn't do it. Toyota's scream selling is on another level here as well and you get a real idea that Kong is this unbeatable monster. Really really fun match. Can't say where it'll rank now but it's certainly in contention.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:42 am

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Can't go the full five on this one as the ending felt a little flat but the juice of this match was incredible. My favorite part is Toyota using the back arch to "kick out" of Aja Kong's pinfalls knowing that simply moving her arm up wouldn't do it. Toyota's scream selling is on another level here as well and you get a real idea that Kong is this unbeatable monster. Really really fun match. Can't say where it'll rank now but it's certainly in contention.
There is a large contingent of people who STRONGLY dislike Toyota's penchant for screaming, so be prepared for potential backlash on that, Kraetsch.

I'm not one of those people. Personally I love expressive wrestlers, as it gets across struggle and emotion. Especially emotion. Kojima is a screamer. Iron Mike Sharpe is a grunter. Toyota is a shrieker. That stuff works for me and adds to the performance.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:36 pm

In this match in particular, against the monster that is Aja Kong, it's fucking perfect. Screw those people.

JML

Post by JML » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Toyota's screaming can get annoying at times but I don't think many people on this board will find that as a main negative of hers.