Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli & Dave Taylor vs. Mike Quackenbush, Jorge Rivera & Johnny Saint (Chikara 03/28/09)

van Fair

Re: Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli & Dave Taylor vs. Mike Quackenbush, Jorge Rivera & Johnny Saint (Chikara 03/28/0

Post by van Fair » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:32 pm

This match is simply just a whole lot of fun. The main reason I nominated this match is the first sequence between Johnny Saint and Bryan Danielson. These two in the ring at the same time carries high expectations and boy did they deliver. Bryan has his big goofy smile on his face as the enters the ring the first time, probably because it is a dream come true for him. Rest of the match is a mentioned before just fun to watch and the 30 minutes fly by.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

Rah

Re: Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli & Dave Taylor vs. Mike Quackenbush, Jorge Rivera & Johnny Saint (Chikara 03/28/0

Post by Rah » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:42 pm

This match is some good stuff and I've watched it a couple times since finally finding it. Cesaro/Skayde has interesting ideas but you're mainly here for Danielson/Saint. It's not exactly up to say a Jushin Liger traveling act, but the old man's game and puts on a HOOT. Another match for the rewatch pile (yeaaah, this is going to happen, promise), but my current take on placing is "maybe"/"probably won't". Anyone else see the other random-as-fuck trios Chikara put out that year? Solar/Navarro/Quack/Cesaro/Kendo/Ferrari? I think that may be slightly better.