Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels (WWE 04/03/05)

brandonbitw

Post by brandonbitw » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:32 pm

The beginning of this match was oddly worked. Shawn trying to out wrestle the wrestler was a puzzling route to take and made the first half of the match quite laborious. However, mid way through the match, there was a pace shift. Things quickened, the plot thickened, and it seemed as if these two phenomenal workers had picked things up. They did. The final quarter of this match is, maybe, the greatest closing sequence of any match I've ever seen. Truly incredible. I mean we get a PICTURE PERFECT superkick and sell, the most heart stopping 2.99999 kick out by Kurt that could make Okada eat his heart out, a devastating second rope Angle Slam that had me convinced the match was over, and a perfectly executed ankle lock and sell for the finish. Shawn's storytelling at the end, whilst locked into the submission, cements this match as one of the all time greats. Not ***** and not perfect, but the riveting closing sequence of events is unparalleled from anything I've ever seen.

JML

Post by JML » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:55 am

I've been reading PWO to see the different opinions on Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle lately and I thought I should watch this match. After seeing this match, it still proves to me that Shawn and Kurt are damn good wrestlers at the end of the day. I agree that it's not ***** but the match sucks you in. Kurt doing the variation of the Angle Slam to the ring post and working the back was good stuff. Shawn starting his run of busting out quebradas to the announcers table is awesome to me (I know it was a twisting plancha on this one but you know what I mean) and the end was great drama. This will make my list.