Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH 08/25/07)

mlev76

Re: Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH 08/25/07)

Post by mlev76 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:28 pm

I was on the verge of giving up on pro wrestling following the Benoit incident. Given that I would be getting married at summer's end, just got a good job and was trying to get a screenplay completed, it was probably an ideal time to end my 20+ years of fandom. Having just gotten into ROH about a year before, and with my then fiancee already out of town getting ready for our wedding, I ended up going to this show more out of boredom than any great passion.

Watching this match was probably the single best live wrestling experience I have had, before or since. At various moments, I truly believed that Danielson would win the title back and I don't think I was alone. This match also shattered any doubt that the WWE concept of being a certain size to be a star was nonsense. Danielson had the whole crowd in the palm of his hand and Morishima was an amazing monster he just couldn't tame.

I wouldn't see this was the best match I've seen live (Probably second to Generico/Steen at Final Battle '10), but in terms of an overall experience and importance to keeping me a fan, this was it.