Negro Casas vs. Blue Panther (CMLL 3/2/2012)

SammyJ_D

Negro Casas vs. Blue Panther (CMLL 3/2/2012)

Post by SammyJ_D » Fri May 27, 2016 11:03 am

Discuss here

Rah

Re: Negro Casas vs. Blue Panther (CMLL 3/2/2012)

Post by Rah » Fri May 27, 2016 2:14 pm

What I loved about these two is that they've taken the annoying short-fall concept and integrated it into a meaningful aspect to the match. For instance, the first fall came in around two minutes, but it made sense. Casas knew an early fall wouldn't be as detrimental to him as fighting the Fujiwara would have been and wrestling the rest of the match one arm down. It also gave Panther a target to hone his stiff kicks and attacks on, too. Panther took a different route to Casas' submission, though, and paid for it.

I loved the beginning of the tercero caida, too. It just hit home that these guys weren't interested in anything but injuring each other and making the most out of their grudge match. That sick smile from Casas, as well as him taunting the crap out of an injured Panther is probably one of my favourite moments in wrestling this year (behind Tajiri weeping after his match with Finlay).

It was pretty weird to see an Aspuestas match end in a draw, but my guess is that they're wishing to continue milking this great feud and looking at a blow-off at one of the Anniversary shows (April or September). Exceedingly better on second viewing and definite contender for one of my final top matches of the year.