TEW 2016 Announced

Talk about non-worked sports here (This includes MMA & the NBA playoffs) as well as entertainment, news and hopefully not politics or religion.
SammyJ_D

TEW 2016 Announced

Post by SammyJ_D » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:19 pm

From greydogsoftware.com :

Grey Dog Software is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Adam Ryland's Total Extreme Wrestling 2016. The seventh entry into the award-winning TEW franchise, the game will be released in the second quarter of 2016 to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the launch of the EW series. For more information on the game, please visit our forums where Adam will be answering questions and launching the extremely popular 'Developer's Journal' feature soon. TEW2016 is scheduled to be available for digital download exclusively via Grey Dog Software for US $34.95.

Thought this would appeal to some here.

BigPapa

Re: TEW 2016 Announced

Post by BigPapa » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:04 am

Love this game. Have poured uncountable hours into the past couple of versions.

sternness

Post by sternness » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:38 am

Haven't bought a TEW game since 2008 or 2010. Has he added anything to make playing as a Japanese promotion better? I requested the ability to set up tours (I know there's a 'tour' feature but you still have to manually book each TV show PPV) to where you could lay out which matches would air on which TV shows but I don't think that ever got implemented. Granted that just sounds like I wanted to be lazy and pre-book everything...but y'know.

Headliner5

Post by Headliner5 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:42 pm

I can't wait for this game to come out but at the same time I am currently avoiding the GDS forums like a plague because people are already whining about a game that hasn't even come out yet before the developers journal has even begun and it's beyond annoying.

Mootio

Post by Mootio » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:27 am

Headliner5 wrote:I can't wait for this game to come out but at the same time I am currently avoiding the GDS forums like a plague because people are already whining about a game that hasn't even come out yet before the developers journal has even begun and it's beyond annoying.
I'm a member on the forum and I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think a lot of these people are going to buy the game irregardless but just want to argue that the money they're spending needs to be justified further. A ridiculous sentiment considering it's the first TEW game that GDS have released in three years.

DrHero

Post by DrHero » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:16 pm

Mootio wrote:
Headliner5 wrote:I can't wait for this game to come out but at the same time I am currently avoiding the GDS forums like a plague because people are already whining about a game that hasn't even come out yet before the developers journal has even begun and it's beyond annoying.
I'm a member on the forum and I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think a lot of these people are going to buy the game irregardless but just want to argue that the money they're spending needs to be justified further. A ridiculous sentiment considering it's the first TEW game that GDS have released in three years.
Release day will be even worse as people see that 12 year old renders get replaced for newer renders or see the skin designed for the game isn't what they want and instantly declare that the entire game is bad. It's a weird atmosphere on the GDS forums, people want a new game but the movement something they don't like is announced or something they want isn't put in Ryland is suddenly the world's worst person.

Headliner5

Post by Headliner5 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:57 pm

DrHero wrote:
Mootio wrote:
Release day will be even worse as people see that 12 year old renders get replaced for newer renders or see the skin designed for the game isn't what they want and instantly declare that the entire game is bad. It's a weird atmosphere on the GDS forums, people want a new game but the movement something they don't like is announced or something they want isn't put in Ryland is suddenly the world's worst person.
Sadly you are right man, I remember a bunch of people complaining about the renders when TEW 2013 came out and it was beyond annoying and honestly the Default Skin is something that people shouldn't complain that much about because it's completely customizeable but I digress. I agree completely on the GDS Atmosphere, it was a board that I really liked being a part of once upon a time but now I can't stand it. Yeah I still frequent it to see what people are talking about but I've never seen so many complainers in one place in my life. Welcome to the Internet I guess.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:33 pm

I used to be HARDCORE into EWR but have always had trouble jumping into the TEW series. Thinking 2016 would be a good point to get back into it.

Tigerkinney

Post by Tigerkinney » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:17 am

I've played TEW since the 2004 version, and have posted up a few dynasties on the GDS Forums, mostly for the Cornellverse equivalent for New Japan, the ridiculously named Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods.

I got burnt out doing my last diary though, and haven't really played TEW 2013 since, nor have I really shown much interest reading other people's diaries either over on those boards. Weirdly enough, I'm only really staying connected with the GDS forum right now doing my anime reviews I post up on the off topic section of that board- I really should transfer them to a proper website, but never get round to doing that.

More than likely though I will pick up TEW 2016 and start another diary at some point in the future- just can't being doing one right now with my anime reviews and NJPW World projects on the go at this moment in time.

JoJo

Post by JoJo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:58 am

Still hoping for a TNM rebirth.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:46 pm

JoJo wrote:Still hoping for a TNM rebirth.
Promotion Wars or we riot.

JoshEngleman
VOW Staff Member

Post by JoshEngleman » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:15 pm

DrHero wrote:
Mootio wrote:
The skin thing is a real problem for me. I had purchased all of the TEW/WMMA games in the past, but the skin/visual appearance of WMMA4 was just so overwhelmingly terrible that I didn't buy the game. It's 2016. The game needs a refresh desperately.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:45 pm

*BUMP*

There's been some more fun additions since the last post.

AlkalineKrogan

Post by AlkalineKrogan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:45 pm

This game is shaping up to be THE BEST wrestling simulator ever. I can't wait to get my hands on the demo.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:51 pm

All the updates have been posted now:
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/sh ... 912&page=3