MLB 2015

Talk about non-worked sports here (This includes MMA & the NBA playoffs) as well as entertainment, news and hopefully not politics or religion.
achillesforever6

Re: MLB 2015

Post by achillesforever6 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:10 pm

Statoke wrote:Teams I support tend to be contenders but never actually get their, kind of like my favourite wrestlers. When I got into the NFL two years ago I went with the Bengals, got any Andy Daltons in MLB? Really good and loads of potential but can't get it done when it matters?
The Pittsburgh Pirates are the team for you, they are contenders now after 21 years of never winning a season (I was able to legally drink before seeing them win a season). They have a lot of exciting players and a great baseball park at PNC which is probably the best in the MLB. Andrew McCutchen is also a really good player and also a really cool/good person who should be the face of the league.

Also the Pirates are hopefully about to sweep the Cardinals and take over the NL Central which for too long has been dominated by this Cardinal Hegemony. (Also the Cardinals like to boast about having the "Best fans in baseball" which rubs me the wrong way in its arrogance) The Cardinals are basically Yankees without the self awareness that they are the "Bad guys" of the NL.

Jove

Post by Jove » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:56 pm

A Mets-Royals World Series would be proof that this game has been truly forsaken by the heavens...

ThomasOP

Post by ThomasOP » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:12 am

Royals lost, but man they just never gave up. Turned game off at 9-2, came back to 11-8. I don't think that's a good sign for Toronto.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:16 pm

Huge offseason for the Cubs - Ben Zobrist in to play 2B, Starlin Castro off to the Yankees, and both Jason Heyward and John Lackey choosing them over the Cardinals. Surely the favourites for the NL Central in 2016.