MLB 2015

Talk about non-worked sports here (This includes MMA & the NBA playoffs) as well as entertainment, news and hopefully not politics or religion.
Quentin Moody

MLB 2015

Post by Quentin Moody » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:24 pm

Talk about how Chris Sale is the greatest man to ever live in here.

DylanZero

Re: MLB 2015

Post by DylanZero » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:38 am

You spelled Kris Bryant wrong. ;D

How do we feel about the All Star game and "Royalsgate"?
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:47 pm

I don't care. It's a fan vote so things like this will happen.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:14 pm

I'm not mad either, I just think it's funny that the Royals fans who are doing this realize that the Royals have a pretty legitimate chance to make the World Series this year, and if they do and they lose this All Star game probably because the AL is stuck with Omar Infante in the starting lineup, all they did was screw themselves over in the end. (Everything about this whole thing is stupid pretty much)

I hope the Cubs can get some bullpen help soon. Motte and Strop are driving me up the wall this year.

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Why Motte? He's been very consistent since the first couple of weeks. You're getting with Strop what you're gonna get. He can be lights out, but he can also be erratic. For the most part the lights out days far outweigh the erratic ones. I'd say right now the pen is in decent shape, especially with Ramirez back. I doubt they'll make any moves with Soriano on the way, and Carl Edwards Jr. & Corey Black ready to be brought up from the minors.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:46 pm

Strop's too erratic. Reminds me a bit of Marmol actually, has great stuff but lacks control and mental stability. Heck he had a period with like 5 straight appearances with a walk recently. Not saying they can't get by with these guys but things have a habit of getting a little too interesting when they're in though lately Motte has been better. You're probably right though, they'll fall back on the prospects to even things out. Ramirez coming back is a good thing. I'm just paranoid after seeing both of the main guys give up Homers in the last week.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:43 pm

I've just got into baseball this week and have so many questions, I'm British and I've just got the sports channels so I can watch everything, is choosing the Cardinals as my team a good way to go?
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:44 pm

What are you looking for in a baseball team/organization?

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:15 pm

Honestly not sure, what is there to look for in a team? I saw them own one of the only two team I knew pretty easily, the cubs, so I thought they were a good way to go.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:06 pm

I'd vouch for the Cubs for the mere reason that they should be a very fun team to watch for the five or six years. Of course there is the frustration of being a Cubs fan and never, ever, winning that you'd have to deal with.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:33 pm

The Cubs are fun and while it's true our reputation is as losers in baseball, if we do ever win a World Series, it'll pretty much be equal to any other team winning 1,000 championships at once, so that'll be cool to be apart of.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:42 pm

Statoke wrote:I've just got into baseball this week and have so many questions, I'm British and I've just got the sports channels so I can watch everything, is choosing the Cardinals as my team a good way to go?
With other sports, do you have a superiority complex and look down your nose at fans of other teams? If so, you chose wisely.

If you want to root for a dominant organization with elite level resources, but still whine & complain about an underdog status that doesn't exist, pick the Red Sox.

If you want to immerse yourself completely into one team and have a complete lack interest in any other team (aside from the Red Sox), because no other team matters (aside from the Red Sox), you'd make a great Yankees fan.

If you want to root for a team that will be a contender for the rest of eternity because they have a billion gajillion dollars and a willingness to stock a super roster at all costs, pick the Dodgers.

If you like playing second fiddle nationally to two different teams (Cubs, Red Sox), join Rich and pick the "other" Sox.

If you want to irrationally dislike Joey Votto because of all of those "stupid walks", probably because you're from Kentucky and lack the ability to think with any semblance of logic, welcome to Reds Nation. I'll be your guide.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:51 pm

Teams I support tend to be contenders but never actually get their, kind of like my favourite wrestlers. When I got into the NFL two years ago I went with the Bengals, got any Andy Daltons in MLB? Really good and loads of potential but can't get it done when it matters?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:15 pm

Statoke wrote:Teams I support tend to be contenders but never actually get their, kind of like my favourite wrestlers. When I got into the NFL two years ago I went with the Bengals, got any Andy Daltons in MLB? Really good and loads of potential but can't get it done when it matters?
Sounds like Oakland (this season aside), but with different "Andy Dalton's" every two years or so,

JoshEngleman
VOW Staff Member

Post by JoshEngleman » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Tom Tango has a formula for tracking the Cy Young race. For those interested, it is [(IP / 2) - ER] + (SO / 10) + W. I've got a spreadsheet setup with the to-date stats, plus projections for the rest of the season. No surprise that Scherzer is WAY out in front in the NL. AL has a bunch of options: Archer is in the lead, barely, with Gray, Sale, Felix, Keuchel and Price all with realistic shots. This is everyone that is either top 10 to-date or top 10 for the rest of the season.