Do you drink at wrestling shows?

Talk about non-worked sports here (This includes MMA & the NBA playoffs) as well as entertainment, news and hopefully not politics or religion.
Ferrante207

Do you drink at wrestling shows?

Post by Ferrante207 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Was unsure where to put this. Do you get drunk when you attend wrestling shows? I typically hate crowds so I like to have a few when I attend shows. I do believe this inhibits my critical ability. What's your philosophy on this? Get drunk and have the show wash over you? Stay sober and have a tighter grasp on the product? If you're attend an important show do you feel like drinking wastes the importance?

Just interested what you folks think.

suplexberry

Re: Do you drink at wrestling shows?

Post by suplexberry » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:46 pm

I might drink one or two (beers, alcoholic ciders) but certainly not four, five and up. It's fine to get a buzz going (especially if it's an indy and you're unsure about whether you're going to have a good time, because it's not a well-known indy or one that generally has a big reputation for good shows) but if you're flat-out getting drunk you're either missing the good or losing inhibition and taking a chance on becoming obnoxiously drunk. Of course it's also all about how you handle your drink. I don't have a problem with people drinking plenty if they can remain fun-loving, enthusiastic fans, not horrid hecklers or assholes.

JB Gremlin

Post by JB Gremlin » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:03 pm

I once got into a show free because the promoter had the room price based on the money taken behind the bar, he knew me and my mates (who are not avid fans) would drink a lot and thus it would save him money in the long run. So Yes, always. I think generally it can help a show along if you have a good crowd who know what they can drink, especially in the UK where we're probably a bit more reserved until we've had a few.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:52 am

Absolutely.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:16 pm

JB Gremlin wrote:I once got into a show free because the promoter had the room price based on the money taken behind the bar, he knew me and my mates (who are not avid fans) would drink a lot and thus it would save him money in the long run. So Yes, always. I think generally it can help a show along if you have a good crowd who know what they can drink, especially in the UK where we're probably a bit more reserved until we've had a few.
It sounds like I would be at home in the UK. I typically prefer to watch at home unless I can loosen up a bit because I hate crowds.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:47 pm

I'll have 2-3 drinks. I've never been "drunk" at a show per say, the closest was probably Payback (Reigns/Styles) but that seemed to make it more enjoyable. Indie shows I always prefer to be alert.

ManuRomero90

Post by ManuRomero90 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:50 pm

We don´t have proper shows here in Spain only from time to time, i usually drink whisky while watching at home, beer when i could attend the show in person. Never got drunk just a few drinks to up the spirits.

aptaube

Post by aptaube » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:34 pm

I'll occasionally have like one beer if I'm going to see EVOLVE in Queens, but I find that having multiple drinks can be a bit tough logistically because I often sit general admission alone and I worry about losing my spot while I'm in line.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:43 pm

Always the driver and never liked the taste of it alcoholic drinks. So nope. I wish I did though, as I'm sure I'd enjoy them even more.

johnniewalk

Post by johnniewalk » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:26 am

Sometimes by drunk and view the wrestling show feels pretty good but if you think about the public it will be awful, So better to avoid have a drink in those type of show where the crowd is there, it disturbs few peoples who hate alcohol.

phenom951

Post by phenom951 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:52 pm

I have one or two at every non PWG show I go to. At PWG i have a minimum of 2 pitchers. Yeah, I know.

Padje

Post by Padje » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:49 am

I'll have a pint before it starts, a pint at intermission, and then about 2 per show half. Depends how long (and hot) the whole show is, so maybe more.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:00 pm

I legitimately try to have a little buzz when I get to the show. Tailgating in the parking lots actually happens a lot in Detroit.

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm with this dude ^ I'll drink in the parking lot in hopes that I don't have to buy drinks inside but always get suckered by deals or what I perceive as deals.

Wrestling is best when you forget it's fake. I love being a rowdy sports fan.

DemiStorey

Post by DemiStorey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Ferrante207 wrote:Was unsure where to put this. Do you get drunk when you attend wrestling shows? I typically hate crowds so I like to have a few when I attend shows. I do believe this inhibits my critical ability. What's your philosophy on this? Get free handball betting advice for today drunk and have the show wash over you? Stay sober and have a tighter grasp on the product? If you're attend an important show do you feel like drinking wastes the importance?

Just interested what you folks think.

:lol: Great question. It's one of the best ways to relax.
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. Helen Keller