All Elite Wrestling’s Double or Nothing will air live on Pay-Per-View from Jacksonville, FL on Saturday, May 23 and the nine-match card is stacked from top to bottom with compelling stories and matches that are sure to be some of the most competitive we’ve seen from AEW yet. The Pay-Per-View debuts of Brodie Lee and Lance Archer will headline the singles action while The Elite will battle The Inner Circle in a Stadium Stampede in what is sure to be a wild brawl through TIAA Bank Stadium!
Below are my compiled statistics and notes for each match. Of course, these 2020 data points and more can always be found in sortable and filterable formats at SportOfProWrestling.com/AEW/AEW-2020 and you can follow me on Twitter @TheChrisSamsa for live statistical nuggets during each episode of AEW Dynamite and AEW Pay-Per-Views.
AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
JON MOXLEY (c) v. BRODIE LEE
- Moxley and Lee both hold a 5-0 record over the past 90 days. Moxley’s victories in this timeframe include reputable wrestlers Jake Hager, Frankie Kazarian, and his AEW: Revolution victory over Chris Jericho. Brodie Lee has defeated Christopher Daniels, Marko Stunt, QT Marshall and two non-contract AEW Wrestlers.
- It’s safe to say that Moxley holds the edge with stamina. Moxley’s recent Championship defense against Jake Hager was the second longest sanctioned singles match in AEW’s year long history. Brodie Lee’s longest AEW match was his victory over Christopher Daniels, clocking in at a brief 12:38.
AEW TNT CHAMPIONSHIP
CODY v. LANCE ARCHER
- While Cody is 9-1 in singles action in 2020, he has struggled recently on Pay-Per-View, losing two in a row. We have to go all the way back to his All Out victory over Shawn Spears to find his most recent PPV victory.
- Cody is likely motivated to be the inaugural TNT Championship as he is, indeed, Mr. Dynamite. Cody is 10-0 on AEW’s flagship program on the TNT Network.
- Archer has been impressive since his debut in AEW, showing he has the strength and stamina to compete in the league. Archer’s 22:45 victory over Dustin Rhodes in the first round of the TNT Championship tournament was Archer’s longest singles match on record.
AEW WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP – NO DQ/NO COUNTOUT
NYLA ROSE (c) v. HIKARU SHIDA
- Hikaru Shida is, without a doubt, the most deserving challenger for the AEW Women’s Championship yet. Her 9 singles win in 2020 are by far the most, out-pacing the champion, Nyla Rose by four victories.
- Shida’s 7-0 record in the last 90 days is the best amongst male or female singles competitors.
- Nyla was able to gain a psychological edge on Shida this past Wednesday on Dynamite by pinning the challenger. We’ll see if that plays into Hikaru Shida’s strategy coming into their singles matchup.
STADIUM STAMPEDE MATCH
MATT HARDY & THE ELITE v. THE INNER CIRCLE
- In 2020, The Elite has been just that, scoring twice as many victoris as they have losses with an incredible combined +14 Fall Differential.
- The Inner Circle hasn’t been so successful. A fine .532 Win %, but only a combined +2 Fall Differential likely gives The Elite the edge in this highly variable five on five matchup.
CASINO LADDER MATCH
COLT CABANA v. DARBY ALLIN v. ORANGE CASSIDY VS. JOEY JANELA VS. SCORPIO SKY VS. KIP SABIAN VS. FRANKIE KAZARIAN VS. LUCHASAURUS VS. TBD
MJF v. JUNGLE BOY
PENELOPE FORD v. KRIS STATLANDER
SHAWN SPEARS v. DUSTIN RHODES